changing a NPC companion into a creature companion

junjo75

After reading a few companion tutorials, I wasnt able to find much. I would like to use the model of a feral ghoul or my ultimate goal would be to use one of the creatures from Point Lookout...specifically one of the Brawlers or any of those mutated hillbilly looking guys and use it to replace what Jericho looks like. Or any of the other companions. Is this possible through GECK or are there other tools I would need. I tried looking at Jericho in GECK, and it wouldnt let me change him into a creature. (at least not as far as I know, I could very well be wrong)

Can someone assist me with this? I know theres got to be a tutorial out there for it. Someone must have wanted to make/change one of the companions into using a creature model/textures.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just started modding with the Geck, so I'm very new to it, but I am working on getting a brawler companion up and running as a practice companion, so when it's finished, I'll post it on here. I aim to make him fit into the game as a regular companion with all the standard options if possible.

It's relatively easy to make one without dialogue, etc. At it's most basic, just use a brawler as a base, delete the factions, set the faction to player, untick the agression box, and make a follow package. If you need extra details on this basic form, just ask, more than happy to help with what little I can.