No Dwarven Women

Lehcar

So why is it that a lot of people seem to see a dwarven female as a dwarf rather than as a woman. If that makes any sense.

Like when you first meet Alistair, to a human or elven woman he says "There never have been many women in the Grey Wardens" but to a dwarven woman he says the same thing he says to a dwarven man, "There haven't been any dwarven wardens in quite some time"

And when you first meet Morrigan. To a human or elven woman she says, "You there, women do not frighten like little boys." but to a dwarf lady she says "You there, dwarf. You have nothing to fear from any witch." Again, the exact same thing she says to a male dwarf.

So what is this all about? Do all dwarves look the same to everyone else in Thedas regardless of sex? Or does everyone see dwarven women as too ugly to be called women? Or what? :wacko:

The latter wouldn't make sense though, since DA dwarven women are extremely humanlike (at least in their facial features) compared to more classical dwarves.

I could be wrong here, but Felsi and the prost at the Pearl are the only dwarven women I remember seeing outside of Orzammar. I wonder if that has anything to do with being there aren't many dwarven women on the surface. I know Gorim mentions his wife to the DN, and Dagna can be sent later in the game, but I just don't remember seeing many. An oversite by BW perhaps, and since the lines were written already why change them? I bet brokenergy knows the answer to this. :happy:

Its because of lazyness. A lot of the dwarf stuff feels half-arsed.

@Selvac; I think every one of us who plays a Dwarf, or even just wants to have more than an Oghren-style, fraternal joking and back-slapping relationship with one, (which I realize some non-Dwarves do too... ) agrees with you!

I could be wrong here, but Felsi and the prost at the Pearl are the only dwarven women I remember seeing outside of Orzammar.

Other than the few hanging about near the gates of Orzammar and the two you mentioned I only know of two others, Sigrun and Mischa.

I could be wrong here, but Felsi and the prost at the Pearl are the only dwarven women I remember seeing outside of Orzammar.

Other than the few hanging about near the gates of Orzammar and the two you mentioned I only know of two others, Sigrun and Mischa.

Sigrun, though, you find in the Deep Roads fighting with the Legion of the Dead, and she joins you much like Oghren in Origins and comes to the surface later. Isn't Mischa a modded character? I don't remember her. There again, though, I haven't done all of the side quests so not exactly sure about her. And, I know that the merchant in Lothering that has the argument with the Chantry sister was originally supposed to be a dwarf. He is listed in the toolset in the cutscenes as dwarven merchant. So I have to still think that the lack of female dwarf specific lines is due to an oversight by BW, and not an intentional miscue.

[isn't Mischa a modded character? I don't remember her. There again, though, I haven't done all of the side quests so not exactly sure about her.

Making things up to right with Mischa is the object of Sigrun's personal quest. Was broken in the original DA:A (wouldn't trigger at all.) Only partially "fixed" with 1.04 because, while you can start it, if you compete a (completely unrelated) different quest first you'll never be able to complete this one.

[isn't Mischa a modded character? I don't remember her. There again, though, I haven't done all of the side quests so not exactly sure about her.

Making things up to Mischa is the object of Sigrun's personal quest. Was broken in the original DA:A (wouldn't trigger at all.) Only partially "fixed" with 1.04 because, while you can start it, if you compete a (completely unrelated) different quest first you'll never be able to complete this one.

Yep, complete the Law and Order quest and Mischa becomes collateral damage. At least you get to loot her corpse :turned: