Skyrim Crashes After 30 Minutes

wtmc

Recently I have been playing Skyrim on my laptop, which uses Windows 7. After about 30 minutes of sustained gameplay, the game will crash, either while loading or during regular play. Thus far, I can't determine the root of the problem, be it mods or installation. I have experienced a similar problem with Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: NV. All games except Oblivion are the Steam version. I use NMM for the Skyrim mods.

Any help resolving this problem is greatly appreciated.

i,ve bin playing Skyrim for year,s & Elderscrolls Games before that , Bethesda Games are excellent , but wonky ( buggy ) as hell .

i,ve learned sofar , by the advice/common sence & guides and help of all the great people here .

- use LOOT

- Don,t install too many Mod,s , especcially the ones with Cloaking Scripts , in other words , be very very selective in your Mod selection .

- use either the Memory Patch or smme

can you post your Mod loadout & some PC spec,s hardware etc

maybe i can give you a few pointer,s , goodluck!

I don't agree with 'Do not install too many mods.' With the Memory Patch, ENBoost, Bash Patch and TESV Edit, heavy mod setups can be stable. It is tedious, but installing a couple mods at a time, stress testing and carefully reading the Mod Author's Readme and descriptions about Compatibility Patches and conflicts will help make a heavy mod load very stable and playable. The Guides, Tutorials/Videos and Technical posts by the modding community are also of tremendous help.(love Gopher's YouTube videos.)

I have several (Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Convenient Horses, etc.) script heavy mods running. Just did a Script Latency test through Convenient Horses, and Script Latency is fine. Average around 46ms to 76ms.

When I got to playing Skyrim, I wanted to stay at 100 plugins or less. Nope, simply was not going to happen. Too many excellent mods out. :thumbsup: I have stable heavy mod loads with Oblivion, FO3 and FNV. Though, with FO3 and FNV, I have to keep plugins limited to under 130 or so. FNV starts flaking out with graphics when 140+ mods are installed.

I don't agree with 'Do not install too many mods.' With the Memory Patch, ENBoost, Bash Patch and TESV Edit, heavy mod setups can be stable. It is tedious, but installing a couple mods at a time, stress testing and carefully reading the Mod Author's Readme and descriptions about Compatibility Patches and conflicts will help make a heavy mod load very stable and playable. The Guides, Tutorials/Videos and Technical posts by the modding community are also of tremendous help.(love Gopher's YouTube videos.)

I have several (Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Convenient Horses, etc.) script heavy mods running. Just did a Script Latency test through Convenient Horses, and Script Latency is fine. Average around 46ms to 76ms.

When I got to playing Skyrim, I wanted to stay at 100 plugins or less. Nope, simply was not going to happen. Too many excellent mods out. :thumbsup: I have stable heavy mod loads with Oblivion, FO3 and FNV. Though, with FO3 and FNV, I have to keep plugins limited to under 130 or so. FNV starts flaking out with graphics when 140+ mods are installed.

Hi , Alex , thats ok if you dont agree , i guess each & every 1 ,s setup is different in terms of hardware / software or opinion/experimenting with Skyrim & Mods

For me it feel,s quitte complex to put a finger on it , what is good & what is not . i,m just a user nor a expert in any way ^_

i recently discovered some Advice by user Crushboss , who made some Guides aswell , mentioning too big Skyrim Saves can lead to them being corrupted , dont ask me in what way , but somehow that stuck

btw alex how did you do a scriptlatency test & why is that usefull ? , wondering about that i,m seeing alot of people mentioning that is usefull

thank you for your opinion & advice

goodluck wtmc !

Well, I envy you a little bit after seeing your modlist... - I latelly tried a few configurations and allways got my game completelly broken with papirus log at 500kb after 2 minutes playtime...

I would like to use hundrets of mods at once, I have a strong PC, but I allways mess it up somehow.. :sad:

Right now I tried it again - cleaned masterfiles->installeduser interface mods->installed body mod->installes skeleton and animation mods(also FNIS)->installes skin and face/hair mods->always testing after each and every mod and I am at 3kb after 3-5 minutes playing, so it's ok, but now I am afraid to add more...I would like to add hundrets of armours(I like to edit them a little bit in nifscope sometimes), houeses, quests, texture overhauls

I also would like to use my old saves with beauties I created, but I would need to get a lot more mods installed :/ Still I know that the saves themself are corrupt with scripts which causeme problems... :(

Edited by Reylegh

Hi , Alex , thats ok if you dont agree , i guess each & every 1 ,s setup is different in terms of hardware / software or opinion/experimenting with Skyrim & Mods

For me it feel,s quitte complex to put a finger on it , what is good & what is not . i,m just a user nor a expert in any way ^_

i recently discovered some Advice by user Crushboss , who made some Guides aswell , mentioning too big Skyrim Saves can lead to them being corrupted , dont ask me in what way , but somehow that stuck

btw alex how did you do a scriptlatency test & why is that usefull ? , wondering about that i,m seeing a lot of people mentioning that is usefull

thank you for your opinion & advice

goodluck wtmc !

Convenient Horses has the Latency Test built into its MCM menu.

Agreed on Save Files getting corrupted. I have had some Saves files go corrupt on me for various reasons. But I always keep about 10 extra saves backed up from earlier progress in the game. Just had this happen with a Winterhold Mages Quest. No matter what I tried, I could not get back into Winterhold or the College. Rolled back to a save before that Quest started, redid the Quest and was able to get back to Winterhold College to finish it.

And there has been a lot of aggravation, frustration and experimenting on getting a large load order stable. I am not a computer whiz or mod author, just love playing and trying the great work that is out there. No doubt, my gaming life with Bethesda games would be much simpler if I had the discipline to stay with about 50 plugins or less. :smile:

Well, I envy you a little bit after seeing your modlist... - I latelly tried a few configurations and allways got my game completelly broken with papirus log at 500kb after 2 minutes playtime...

I would like to use hundrets of mods at once, I have a strong PC, but I allways mess it up somehow.. :sad:

Right now I tried it again - cleaned masterfiles->installeduser interface mods->installed body mod->installes skeleton and animation mods(also FNIS)->installes skin and face/hair mods->always testing after each and every mod and I am at 3kb after 3-5 minutes playing, so it's ok, but now I am afraid to add more...I would like to add hundrets of armours(I like to edit them a little bit in nifscope sometimes), houeses, quests, texture overhauls

I also would like to use my old saves with beauties I created, but I would need to get a lot more mods installed :/ Still I know that the saves themself are corrupt with scripts which causeme problems... :sad:

Save Game Script cleaner has fixed my Saves after removing a few mods that left orphaned Scripts behind.