Dead State: The Zombie Survival RPG

Povuholo

ZRPG finally has its official title revealed in an interview: Dead State!

About Dead State

I've been waiting for some more news on this one. It's going to be awesome. A zombie RPG! Not a zombie shooter with RPG elements or an action RPG, but a strategic survival RPG, focusing on survival and interacting with other humans more than on the zombies themselves.

And it's made by people with some decent experience too. The project lead/writer/designer is none other than Brian Mitsoda, also responsible for a lot of the dialogue in Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines, who is teaming up with Annie Carlson (Lead writer and designer of Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir).

The forums are here, hosted by Iron Tower Studios, also known for their upcoming RPG Age Of Decadence.

Graphics are looking pretty good too, for an indie game. :thumbsup:

And yes, it's turn based/isometric. If you don't like that, too bad for you! :verymad:

If you do, join the party! :wub:

It sure looks like it, turn based games aren't AS popular as they were, people lean more to real time strategy.

And I admit, so do I

But I'm willing to try this out, it looks fun.

And if it isn't repetative I might even grow to like it.

But games have really grown out of that graphics and turn based areas of gaming.

It just looks like a late 2002 game =P

But hey if your like me and play anything that's good without it NEEDING "OMGMEGAGRAFFIX!" and "REALTIMZ!" then give this a go...

No reason why not =P

How can you even compare this to Dead Rising 2, aside from there being zombies in both they're completely different games in every way imaginable. :P

DR2 is still going to be awesome though.