Im Disappointed, Sad and Angry

Damien7

alonsomartinez

I'm pretty sure the work Saaya and others are doing in the BBB department isn't going to reroute anybody's attention from another mod. Assuming it was worth anything to begin with.

In fact, this thread has nothing to do with that. Imperial Modder touched upon a lot of different topics, but that is not one of them and frankly, your statement holds little ground.

Fun fact: the last adult mod to make it to File of the Month was Estrus back in January.

Nevertheless, I feel you missed the topic entirely. Please don't turn this thread into another whine-fest about adult mods.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I measure the success of a mod simply, did I have fun creating it? Did it brighten just one person day ?

If the answer to either is yes the mod is a success.

It made someone happy = success.

Perhaps a little short sighted, but I only have to please one person and that is me. If you like what I have created, good for you. If not your opinion is irrelevant to my happiness.

Buddah

alonsomartinez

I'm pretty sure the work Saaya and others are doing in the BBB department isn't going to reroute anybody's attention from another mod. Assuming it was worth anything to begin with.

In fact, this thread has nothing to do with that. Imperial Modder touched upon a lot of different topics, but that is not one of them and frankly, your statement holds little ground.

Fun fact: the last adult mod to make it to File of the Month was Estrus back in January.

Nevertheless, I feel you missed the topic entirely. Please don't turn this thread into another whine-fest about adult mods.

No... but, he talked about how the community has changed for the worse. That, in my opinion, is one way it has changed. There haven't been a lot of good mods being featured lately besides the Golden Crest, Alluring potions, etc...

I am glad that the hot files only have 1 'adult' mod as of now, but just weeks ago at least 3/4 of them were adult.

Most everybody wants clicks, and the best way to do that is make BBB stuff. I have been 'lurking' around for a year now (mostly because I never realized there was a forum attached to the almighty Tesnexus :P) and it is mostly headed in this direction.

It doesn't matter. I'm getting off - topic. Glad to see that you're back Imperial. :laugh:

No... but, he talked about how the community has changed for the worse. That, in my opinion, is one way it has changed. There haven't been a lot of good mods being featured lately besides the Golden Crest, Alluring potions, etc...

I am glad that the hot files only have 1 'adult' mod as of now, but just weeks ago at least 3/4 of them were adult.

Most everybody wants clicks, and the best way to do that is make BBB stuff. I have been 'lurking' around for a year now (mostly because I never realized there was a forum attached to the almighty Tesnexus :P) and it is mostly headed in this direction.

It doesn't matter. I'm getting off - topic. Glad to see that you're back Imperial. :laugh:

Define "good". What one person thinks is good may be of no interest to the next person. Modders are obviously happy making these eye candy mods and people are happy to use them.

Everytime there is a new BBB conversion or a new adult mod people rush to download it and endorse and make file of the month. It doesn't give a chance for good Oblivion Mods to have a chance to be recognized whatsoever.

Not entirely true. Remember, the BBB stuff relpaces the meshes and you still need the original mod for it to do you any good. So what the BBB crew, PyramidHead, and others are doing is making folks relook at the original mods thy're converting - and turning folks on to these mods. And that's a good thing as it also gets more clicks for the oiginal mods.

Now, back OT. Welcome back Imperial Modder, stories like this restore my faith in this site. :thumbsup:

No... but, he talked about how the community has changed for the worse. That, in my opinion, is one way it has changed.

I really don't think that's true at all. The community isn't going to change because of the mods that are posted. I don't think it's degenerated at all due to them. And if they seem to be getting more credit then you would hope for... it's probably because nothing better has come out at the time. It takes a long time to make good models, and even more time to make a good quest mod. Converting something to BBB takes less than an hour for one who knows what they're doing. So you're bound to see more of them. On that note, Saaya has begun to compile all of his BBB conversions into one file page, so you won't be seeing as many as you used to.

No... but, he talked about how the community has changed for the worse. That, in my opinion, is one way it has changed.

I really don't think that's true at all. The community isn't going to change because of the mods that are posted. I don't think it's degenerated at all due to them. And if they seem to be getting more credit then you would hope for... it's probably because nothing better has come out at the time. It takes a long time to make good models, and even more time to make a good quest mod. Converting something to BBB takes less than an hour for one who knows what they're doing. So you're bound to see more of them. On that note, Saaya has begun to compile all of his BBB conversions into one file page, so you won't be seeing as many as you used to.

I said in my opinion. It is just clutter to me, but it may be riches to the next person.

I feel kinda bad for the bad rap Saaya gets, because it's not exactly his fault that everyone endorses his mods. I mean, it's unfair to expect him to disable endorsements since people don't like his stuff.<div><br></div><div>That aside, I do agree that it's disappointing when only mods of a particular type get noticed on the front page. It's gotten better lately though, what with Hentai, and some updates to a few classics.</div>

To be fair to the community, it's not really so, that only and just only adult, chicks and weapon mods get any attention. Just take a look at the file of the month section. There are many quest and enviroment mods as well. So, people do like quest mods too, but the point is, that such mods have to be really massive and really good to get noticed, while simple armor/weapon/nude mods maybe don't take that much work and are therefore overrated compared to the workload. In university you get more points for tests, that require a higher workload, but that's not possible here, because nobody can proof the workload of one mod. Anyway, if you plan on making a quest and enviroment mod and you want it to be popular, you better make it good and exiting and you will get the attention too. It's just, such mods also often have a high filesize, can easily mess up your game and savegame and are more difficult to remove. So people want be sure it's worth it and such mods must pretty much be on a level with the game designers to stand this test. It may not be fair, but it's just like that. I myself always proof such mods in F3Edit and check what they actually do to my game and often they so incredible unclean, changing tons of unnecessary master entries and so on. In times of morrowind modding, it was a holy rule modding clean. This has often been forgotten by younger members. So, it's mostly just more save not to install too much enviroment/quest mods if you don't want suffer from crashes and incompatibility behind every corner. What doesn't mean, that there are only unclean quest mods, no, those, that become very popular are mostly clean, but especially those mods, that get ignored are often suffer from such problems.

I can't recommend anyone to actually do a quest mod. It's just so much work and you have to take care about a lot of things. If you not experianced and if you don't have the passion, do something else. Be able to stand 1-2 years for your mod without losing interest. My mod lost roads is now under developement around 1 year and still half way to go. In this time I could have done tons of other small mods, creating new weapons or armors and collecting endorsements. But it isn't what I like to do... so it's nothing worth for me. I always wanted to create big and new worlds, even it's a hell of a job....