journal crash

KayCee

I have searched and have never seen this addressed. Surely it has happened to someone.

I was many hours into the game and finally decided to view the journal. I hit "J" and my computer wigged out. The music disintegrated into a rapid, prolonged series of beeps (10-20 seconds) along with a frozen display (stuck on my last view of the Morrowind world before I hit "J" and I couldn't move or do anything), then the dreadful CTD. I've tried to access the journal several times since then, with the same results every time.

I am running Windows XP and have the GOTY edition. I am also currently dealing with the crash bug where after you've leveled up and gained speed, the computer can no longer keep up with the rapidly changing landscape as you zip around the island, so it crashes constantly. I'm going to try to locate that Frame Rate Optimizer and possibly lower my resolution. I'm curious if the journal bug is related to that problem or if it's something separate.

Please close this post. Apparently, this problem is pretty unique because there is nothing online about it and I am not getting a response here. I will just continue to play without the journal (which I hear isn't that great anyway). I was able to find the solution for the crashes that occurred as I was running around the island. That was my main concern and it appears to be completely separate from the journal problem. Thank you.

Hmm... well, as you say, it's a pretty unique problem. I don't think I've ever heard of it before in 3 years of browsing these forums. ^^; All I can suggest is reinstalling - or, it might be a mod conflict if you're running a lot of them.

Hmm... well, as you say, it's a pretty unique problem. I don't think I've ever heard of it before in 3 years of browsing these forums. ^^; All I can suggest is reinstalling - or, it might be a mod conflict if you're running a lot of them.

I'm running one mod--I now have my own house in Balmora. However, this glitch was happening before I loaded it. I guess it's just one of those things. It probably didn't help that I waited so long into the game to access the journal. Either something didn't get loaded right the first time or the journal was overloaded from having too many entries in it before I tried to read it. Thanks for the input.

Archived