No more autolock fireballs?

Deleted1217574User

So, I hope I'm not the only one to whom this has happened: Showdown with a mage. Dagger drawn, you rush toward him. In terror, he flings a fireball at you. But you're an assassin. You leap into the air, and... The fireball curves upward to smash into your chest. WTF? Fireballs are not heat-seeking missiles. Is there some way to make enemy spells travel in a straight line, like yours do? Or am I perhaps the only one to experience this, haha?

The vanilla spells can't curve, but NPC's have a perfect aim, down to the point of instantly (and perfectly) compensating for you changing direction. You have to make your dodge after the cast otherwise they'll take you jump into account and you're gone. Once the projectile is on it's way, then attempt to dodge. It's the same with archery

Why not make a mod which lowers the speed of magic projectiles? I did something like that ages ago for personal use (I was the mage though), lowered the speed and cost of fire and frost, upped the speed and cost of shock, generic effects were left the same. Was part of a larger personal mod, but its a 2-sec job to create by itself.

Take a chance on the mage you're up against not using shock (or area effect) and you should be-able to dodge and get an easy hit on them, they shock you and you're gonna take the hit no matter what, but they can't keep it up for long.

I never did figure out absolutely if NPCs took the speed of the spell into account when compensating. If they don't though, tweaking the speeds is gonna throw their aim off a tad, which should allow you a bit more leeway when dodging.

Hmm, I think there are people working on less accurate projectiles, and I always find it easy to dodge, although I do not believe i have ever jumped over a spell, just sidestepped as soon as they shot. Are you sure it did not just hit your legs?