HELP! Jowan's head is gone!

Dimensionist

So either a Floating Head or a Missing Head?

Seems like you are missing files for Irvings Clothes. Are you using any other files that could edit Irvings .utc file?

Has this problem been there BEFORE you applied the fixpack? Because the fixpack doesn't contain any Irving.utc files. But The original IA does.

Did you start a new game?

It would be very helpful if you could provide a full list of mods you are using.

I have been using TommyIriantos and darthbdamans Of Ferelden mod, which more or less edits the clothes of the different orders (templars, circle, etc.) to their DA2 equivalent, so I don't have this problem.

It's a floating head.

I don't think I'm using any such files. And the problem only appeared after I applied the Fixpack and started a new game.

A list of the mods I'm using, right? Alright, but it's really long:

Andraste's Weapons 2.0 (Added when I added the Fixpack)

Beyond Ferelden Base Chest

Extra Dog Slot

Add Attribute/Talent/Skill Points via Console

Extra Dog Talents

Elvhenan Weapons 2.0 (Added when I added the Fixpack)

FtG UI Mod 2.1

Grey Warden Runic Armor

Leliana Sacred Ashes Armor

Morrigan Restoration Patch

Nightfall Bloom

The Ivory Tower

Qwinn DAO Fixpack

Skip The Fade

Sword of Mercy 2.0 (Added when I added the Fixpack)

Two Specialization Points for Sten

9999 Items

ADD ANY ITEM VISUAL DELUXE

Adonnays Weapon Replacer

Console Commands are Visible

Baroness Reward Fix

Less Pixelation during Cutscenes

Blackblade Drop Fix

Boob patches be gone

bow replacer

BSC Zesty for Dialogue Tweaks

Busty Armors - Nude

CC Extra Tints and Tones

CHANGE_EQUIPMENT_MATERIAL

Character Creator Pkg - LOTC

Clothed Prisoners

Autorun and Tab Toggle

Epilogue Cutscene Fixes

Forced Deathblows Lieutenant Plus

Desire Demon Lady of the Forest Retexture

Detailed Tooltips

Dragon Age Redesigned

Dialogue Tweaks

Eyebrow Presets

Madd Gift Guide

Gift Guide - Awakening

HD Stubble Presets

Improved Atmosphere

JB Textures

Joining Ritual Fix - Awakening

Law and Order Fix

LOTC s Character Creator Eyelashes

LOTC s Eye Texture

More Hairstyles

More Options at the Pearl

Morrigan Sacred Ashes Trailer Robes

Natural Bodies All In One

Noble Couslands of Ferelden

Noble Couslands of Ferelden Fixpack for IA

Pretty Faces

Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors

Queen Anora Face Morph (from Nobles of Ferelden)

Shale Retextured HD

Silverite Mines Fix

SJCs Lipsticks Moles And Freckles

Symmetrical Massive Armor

The Last Night With Morrigan

The Pearl Redone

Tucked Hair

ZDF Compatible with Dialog Tweaks

Hmm, strange, I can't really see what would be the cause of our problem, although the most likely culprit is still IA.

Strangely enough, Flemeth doesn't have a body in my game either, but only in the Fade (Broken Circle Questline).

Irving is fine though.

The thing that bugs me is that your problem occured AFTER you installed the fixpack.

"If a character is a floating head that means that the game is trying to put armor on someone there is no model for, i.e. male on female or elf armor on a dwarf. Meaning there is a conflict between the armor and something else. You have an item number variation conflict.

In short, the item variation number tells the game what armor model to put on a character. Now with all the mods out there, at times two modders will unknowingly use the same number for two different armors. The game will then try to put the wrong armor model on a character. The problem is when it tries to put an armor model on someone it isn't designed for. i.e. if the armor was designed for a male or an elf and you try to put it on a female or human, the body is invisible. The real problem is that since the body is invisible you don't know what's conflicting." (thx to Kajana for this explanation in the "Of Ferelden" comments section)

theskymoves actually has a very good explanation of how to fix this problem in her signature, although that would require to know which item variation numbers are used and which are not (or at least I think so).

On a sidenote:

The Noble Couslands of Ferelden Fixpack for IA mod ... is it on nexus? Because I can't find it anywhere. Would you mind posting a link?

The problem with "xxx of Ferelden" mods is that they are outdated and are currently not really compatible with IA. However, Of Ferelden is.

Edited by TheErwO_o

Hmm, strange, I can't really see what would be the cause of our problem, although the most likely culprit is still IA.

Strangely enough, Flemeth doesn't have a body in my game either, but only in the Fade (Broken Circle Questline).

Irving is fine though.

The thing that bugs me is that your problem occured AFTER you installed the fixpack.

"If a character is a floating head that means that the game is trying to put armor on someone there is no model for, i.e. male on female or elf armor on a dwarf. Meaning there is a conflict between the armor and something else. You have an item number variation conflict.

In short, the item variation number tells the game what armor model to put on a character. Now with all the mods out there, at times two modders will unknowingly use the same number for two different armors. The game will then try to put the wrong armor model on a character. The problem is when it tries to put an armor model on someone it isn't designed for. i.e. if the armor was designed for a male or an elf and you try to put it on a female or human, the body is invisible. The real problem is that since the body is invisible you don't know what's conflicting." (thx to Kajana for this explanation in the "Of Ferelden" comments section)

theskymoves actually has a very good explanation of how to fix this problem in her signature, although that would require to know which item variation numbers are used and which are not (or at least I think so).

On a sidenote:

The Noble Couslands of Ferelden Fixpack for IA mod ... is it on nexus? Because I can't find it anywhere. Would you mind posting a link?

The problem with "xxx of Ferelden" mods is that they are outdated and are currently not really compatible with IA. However, Of Ferelden is.

Thanks for the information.

As for the mod, here it is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/3252/? - The main mod in question.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4252/? - The fixpack for the mod in question. Which I later realized is just an entirely new version of the mod, that works better with IA. Derp.

I had the same problem with Irving's head floating after I installed the fix. I fixed it by downloading "Of Ferelden" for circle mages then downloading the fix for that by darthbdaman.

Alright, thanks. I'll do that.

Edited by Dimensionist

Just wanted to note that I had the exact same problems described here -- first I noticed Jowan's head missing, which installing the IA RC1 Fixpack 5 solved; then I noticed Irving's body missing (it may have been missing before I installed the Fixpack, but I don't know for sure since I hadn't seen him before then) and installing the 'Of Ferelden' Mages mod fixed that one too.

I seem to have the same problem with Jowan, his head is missing. IA's at fault because when I removed it from override, his head was back where it was supposed to be in the first place. I checked the folders and I actually only have one bhm100cr_jowan.utc file - it is in PC Origins -> Mage. what gives?

i downloaded IA two days ago and assumed that since the fixpack were posted on the 7th, it is already incorporated into the main file. if no, can someone point me in the direction of the pack? the link TheErwO_o posted no longer works.

edit.

nvmd, found it, gonna install it right away. i hope jowan'll get his head back and irving won't part with his body. wish me luck.

Edited by soriso