Dark Brotherhood :(

Lehcar

This sucks, it's so depressing I tell you, the Dark Brotherhood storyline was so cool at first, but then comes the Purification quest where you have to kill all those awesome people at the Sanctuary that have been so nice to you (save for that asinine Khajit dude.) Probaby the one person I hated killing the most was Vincente Valtieri, I really liked him a lot, plus he was my sire (guy who made me into vampire which made me really adore him)...

And then later in the storyline you find out that none of those people you killed was even the traitor. So... they were all innocent and you killed your friends for nothing. ARGH :wallbash:

So damn depressing. :sad:

Yeah, they all died for no reason. :( I felt bad killing Ocheeva and Teinaava. My char is a werewolf so not much interest in the vampire. XD He kinda reminds me of the lead singer of The Rasmus though. :o

Did you kill the elf switching the notes? :P I let him live ^^ I thought the Khajit guy was the traitor, and it sounded like he was covering for himself when he was apologizing for being mean to you during purification but it turned out he actually meant it. :(

A werewolf? You can be a werewolf in this game??

Not in vanilla you don't.

I also felt bad when I had to kill them, but I saved just before, finished all the quests that where left for the Dark Brotherhood.just to see what I'll miss(almost nothing) then reloaded. I was playing my neutral character, my evil dark elf, finished them all with no regards what so ever. :ninja:

Haha, Sorry to burst Your bubble. Vincente is actually the traitor so you didnt kill the members for nothing.

???

Where did you get the idea that he's the traitor? I guess you haven't actually finished the DB quest line. The real traitor is revealed at the end, and it's most certainly not Vicente Valtieri. Hint: The real traitor no longer even lives in the Sanctuary. He lives in the Anvil Lighthouse. All your friends are quite innocent -- or at least as innocent as assassins can be.

When I found out what I was supposed to do during the purification I didn't go through with it, but hit the mods section, here, looking desperately for something that could help, since I didn't even believe that M'raaj-Dar was the traitor, as much as I was growing to dislike him, and that's when I discovered "Whispered Warning" and fell in love with that mod. I had already been almost burned in one of the Fighters Guild quests where we had to infiltrate the Blackwood gang, but I copped out of that mission and so have no blood on my hands, there, either. When things seem too obvious and you're asked to do something that your heart screams out "NO!" you have to make hard decisions in this game and that sometimes means stepping back and asking yourself if you're doing the "right" thing. The DB quest line will have you second guessing yourself quite a lot if you really pay attention to things. You should even be getting some hints as you're murdering fellow DB operatives, based upon your notes at the drop points, that something is amiss.

Now, for those of you who want to "go back" and right this wrong, load up a saved game before you killed everyone, install Whispered Warning, and you'll be able to continue enjoying your new family, with some added members, since the game doesn't seem to realize that all the original members are still alive. Someone needs to mod up an expansion to the Sanctuary to give all these new people their own beds, though.