Why do we Debate

Corlan

Ok, first let me say this isnt something Im making to make people do and act in a Special way or make rules or Anything. The Reason I mad this thread is that, Infact, I've been thinking of joining the Debates going on here, but had very different thoughts and Ideas on certain things, which a Non Understanding Person, a Troll, or some Narrow Minded could possibly not Understand and it will end in flames.

That's why I decided to make a Thread, to know the reason we are debatin here, come here and share our thoughts.

Lets start with me, I'm mostly here because I'm uncertain about lots of things, I havemy ideas, but nothing is Solid, wanted to share my thoughts, and know what others think about it.

So basicly, here to Debate, talk and Listen, not t Force my thougts on any one, not to fight with anyone with different ideas(No matter how strange or Crazy they appear) and here to Learn how my friends, and people who I spend my time with them(even online) think.

That's about it.

I think I debate mostly to get to know other peoples view, even their culture. We can not convince eachother, and I do not intend to (at least not allways,lol), but we can perhaps come to an understanding of eachother.

Many disputes, even wars in this world has been born out of ignorance. So the better we know eachothers culture, political stand, religion, the better. And with that said we also need to accept that we are different, and we live different, and we need to respect that fact.

we debate to try to force our opinions on each ether. Modern day debates are seen as warfare "he shot my point down" where as the native americans saw a debate as a journey "let us find the truth together" Therefore, the european warlike temperment has no tonly been tansfered to us, but to our debates, and many other things. Though the native americans did fight, it was nothing like in europe. They fought smaller battles, for their tribe as a whole, not because a greedy ruler wanted lands. Therefore, we should debate as the native americans, and take a journey together.

We debate to share ideas and opinions. If someone has a valid point which you cannot refute, I think it obligatory that you review your own views and either adapt them or adopt your opponents. Anything else would be intellectual cowardice; knowing full well your own views are inferior you still refuse to change them. In that way we "force" our views onto other people.

We debate to share ideas and opinions. If someone has a valid point which you cannot refute, I think it obligatory that you review your own views and either adapt them or adopt your opponents. Anything else would be intellectual cowardice; knowing full well your own views are inferior you still refuse to change them. In that way we "force" our views onto other people.

Good point. Perhaps even when we disagree, we will share ideas in our subconscious, without knowing it :thumbsup:

I agree, but Maybe it's the WAY we agree or disagree... The way we act, you can make sense and Sweet talk everything.

The Art of Speechcraft is to Tell people what they want to hear, to make them do what you want them to do, you can make the person understand how you think and what you feel and why this all, but it depends on the person too, if some guy comes here and says "You Dont get it! Thats all Bull Hunky, dont talk that crap, thats stupid, this is how it is" Not only do you listen to him, than you just ignore him, no matter if his word makes sense or not, no matter if he is Obviously right or not.

A debate ideally is a form of inquiry between individuals with opposing viewpoints, which through a dialog of asked and answered questions stimulate critical thinking and eventually illuminate the topic in question. A dialectal method of debating often involves a point counterpoint exchange which pits the ideas of one versus the other in which one participant may lead another to contradict himself in some way, strengthening the other person's thesis. Theoretically a debate should lead to a consensus of opinion but in practice rarely does. A good debate will at a minimum, expose patently fallacious ideas or assumptions.

A debate ideally is a form of inquiry between individuals with opposing viewpoints, which through a dialog of asked and answered questions stimulate critical thinking and eventually illuminate the topic in question. A dialectal method of debating often involves a point counterpoint exchange which pits the ideas of one versus the other in which one participant may lead another to contradict himself in some way, strengthening the other person's thesis. Theoretically a debate should lead to a consensus of opinion but in practice rarely does. A good debate will at a minimum, expose patently fallacious ideas or assumptions.

Aurielius (this is just a joke). You're not trying to suggest that one person is trying to tell the other that his points make him look like a Neanderthal, are you? (that was just a joke)

Aurielius (this is just a joke). You're not trying to suggest that one person is trying to tell the other that his points make him look like a Neanderthal, are you? (that was just a joke)

Well Granny if the shoe fits the Neanderthal in question....