Heavy Amber Armor

schijnn

If someone could make a mod that replaces the meshes and textures for the Madness armor and weapons with those of the Amber armor and weapons, I'd be grateful. I've been trying to do it myself, but it's a bit over my head. (I use the HGEC body, so if it were fitted to that body, I'd be even more grateful.)

I don't think it could be done in a legal sense (if distributed). Any mods released with DLC content must be made to be dependent on the DLC to work...model and texture replacers cannot do that. However, it is DLC armor replacing armor in the same DLC...thus it "could" be considered inherently dependent on the existence of the DLC...but that is a gray area and I don't know the answer to it other than the stock answer of "any mod with DLC content must be made to be dependent on the DLC to work....so going by that, it cannot be "made dependent"...it is inherently dependent. o_O

But, if you use something like the BSA Commander, you could open the BSA file yourself to extract all the meshes and textures. Once you find the path to the NIF files for each armor, it is a simple matter of duplicating that same path in your Data folder and replacing the files from one armor from the other. Done.

Article: BSA Commander Tutorial

LHammonds

If it's just an ESP, and you upload only the ESP, you'll have no issues. You can do it with the CS.

Sounds like you are talking about modifying the "DLC" plugin and uploading it. That falls under the "uploading DLC content" so how could you make the actual DLC plugin dependent on itself? hehehe. You'd need to make a new plugin and use mod de-isolation to make it dependent on the DLC...and then make your changes. That way you upload your own plugin and not the DLC plugin.

But yes, this could actually work and be more efficient...especially if sharing with the community. But if just for personal use, the quick-n-dirty way would be mesh replacers. The only "gotcha" in this scenario is that the OP wanted the armor to fit a custom body (HGEC) which would require mesh modifications.

LHammonds

No, not the DLC plugin. You don't have to use the SI plugin--it installs its content to Oblivion.esm, so just load the ESM and make an entirely new plugin.

@ OP: I think you want to have madness armor have the same model as amber. So go in the cs, load shivering isles with it NOT being the active file. Find the madness armor and and amber armor and open everything up. There will be some biped model stuff, just set the paths of madness to the same as amber.

Or are you not already using custom models for amber/madness? Then you'd have to extract files from the shivering isles...