Modded oblivion on a Laptop

olha2

Depends ... did you spend a lot extra to get a laptop with a discrete graphics card and a fast CPU (typically laptops will come with a fast CPU and on-board graphics or a slow CPU and discrete graphics card ... if you truly want a proper laptop for gaming you will pay a premium to get both)?

Depends ... did you spend a lot extra to get a laptop with a discrete graphics card and a fast CPU (typically laptops will come with a fast CPU and on-board graphics or a slow CPU and discrete graphics card ... if you truly want a proper laptop for gaming you will pay a premium to get both)?

dam forgot to add the laptop i have in sight: ASUS N56JN-CN091H

will i be able to do it with that?

If it has a discrete graphics card and a fast CPU it will depend on the specific specs of the discrete graphics card and CPU and RAM installed. If it doesn't have both then it will be like all laptops ... a poor compromise for gaming.

There is absolutely no way we can tell you exactly what fps you will get - there are just too many variables involved. That said, there are laptops that do very well, but the one thing they will need is a discrete graphics system - On many low end laptops the ram is shared between the system and video - meaning that you are robbing peter and paul at the same time. Lower graphics and lower system capability.

Nearly all new laptops will have a 64 bit processor, but some will then cripple it with a 32 bit version of Windows. You NEED 64 windows bit for future expansion. Then Ram - 4 g is about the absolute minimum - and that is if you do have the discrete separate video with it's own ram. With 4g or RAM on a 64bit system you will have about 3.4 G of ram available for the game. If you get more than 4g of system ram, then you can use the entire first 4G for the game as Windows will move everything else into that extra ram - The game is 32 bit only - so - it can only use a maximum or 4G - no more.

Then there is the Processor - I prefer an i5 - currently an i7 just doesn't give enough performance increase to make it worth the considerable extra cost.

Video or Graphics - minimum of 1G video ram, 2 or more is better.

I found a review of that specific notebook - http://www.trustedreviews.com/Asus-N53JN-review

The review shows it has a slow Hard drive (5400 rpm) 500mb. Fairly standard for laptops, A desktop HD is usually 7200rpm - for faster disk access.

I have installed a 250GB SSD in my own laptop ( not used for gaming though) and for an older laptop it is fast - cold boots in 11 seconds,