[RELEASE) Nehrim - At Fate's Edge (English version)

Arandor

Welcome, Shadow-Born. Welcome to the place where Fate is created

Nehrim - At Fate's Edge

English translation, basing on version 1.0.7.5

What is Nehrim?

Nehrim is a Total Conversion for Oblivion. It contains a completely new, hand-built world, numerous quests, many exciting dungeons, new weapons, armors, items and spells, full German voice acting, a new soundtrack and much more. If you were looking for a mod that provides a full-fledged role playing game, congratulations, you found it.

Why should I play this?

1.) Nehrim is a game focusing both on story and classical RPG gameplay. You solve quests, earn experience points, collect better equipment. Although this sounds rather conventional, Nehrim finds a perfect balance between a stunning presentation and the actual game. If you are not motivated to proceed playing once you have started, you are probably doing something wrong.

2.) There is something to discover at every corner in Nehrim. Monotonous woods and impassionately designed dungeons? Not here! And honestly: Who wants to wander through landscapes you can find outside your own home? Nehrim includes sets of landscapes that have never been implemented in any game before.

3.) There is more to the story than "Go save the world". Much more. The characters have deep personalities, they change throughout the game. And who knows, there may even be some romance...

4.) There is going to be a new soundtrack. Our team musicians Simon W. Autenrieth and Lukas Deschel have been industrious so even acoustics freaks will be comfortable in the new world. Aside from these compositions there will also be a gig by Schandmaul, a popular Folk-Rock band, who kindly have provided a song for the project.

5.) Nehrim has an elaborate synchronization. And when we say elaborate, we're talking no less than 56 professional voice actors and a recording studio from Berlin that got our backs. Regarding this, Nehrim may just be one of the biggest synchronization projects ever having been undergone for a fan project.

6.) Nehrim is free. All you need is a copy of TES IV: Oblivion.

Where can I find screenshots and videos?

On our website http://www.nehrim.de there is a Media section containing screenshots, videos and the full soundtrack.

Where can I download Nehrim?

You will find all download possibilites on the website's Data section.

How can I kill time while I download Nehrim?

We recommend you to read the ReadMe file. In it, you will find several important things about installing and starting Nehrim. Moreover, you will find a short overview about the gameplay changes featured in Nehrim. If you know about them, you may have an easier time playing the game.

I still have a question!

Please read first through our FAQ, possibly your question has already been answered. If you have technical problems or you are stuck in the game, please use this forum or visit our forum at http://www.sureai.de...wforum.php?f=81.

Technical support:

Help, the game will not start!

First, be sure that your installation went exactly as described here.

1. Possibility - Patch forgotten

Although Nehrim does not need Shivering Isles, Oblivion must be updated with the latest patch (1.2.0416). If you use the Game of the Year Version of Oblivion, you may think that the newest patch is automatically provided with it, but be aware: The GOTY edition only contains the latest patch if you have installed Shivering Isles with it. If not, then install it or download the patch (for Oblivion, not for Shivering Isles) from http://elderscrolls....tes_patches.htm and install it.

2. Possibility - Wrong INI-Data Configuration

A common reason for this is that the file:

"My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini"

has some changes in it that will cause Nehrim not to work. The simplest solution is to rename this file or move it (or delete it if it is certainly no longer needed), so Nehrim will not find it. The next time Nehrim starts it will create a whole new, fresh and accurate Oblivion.ini. Then you must, however, again reset any new game settings and ini tweaks you previously had or want to use.

3. Possibility – Wrong game files activated

In the option "Data Files", make sure that only the files Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are enabled. ALL OTHER GAME FILES MUST BE DISABLED.

4. Possibility - Corrupt Oblivion Installation

Sometimes the Oblivion installation gets damaged, which also affects Nehrim. For instance you may have moved the Oblivion folder or reinstalled Windows without having uninstalled your games. It may help to make a fresh installation of Oblivion.

5. Possibility – Installed into the wrong folder

Nehrim should not be installed into the Oblivion folder or into the Program/Program Files (x86) folders. If this is the case with you then uninstall Nehrim and install it into a different folder.

I've been waiting for this for a while now. You guys have done some incredible. I wish you good luck with your future projects and you can be proud of what you've made. Many thanks for sharing and I hope to hear from you again in the near future. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

"3. Possibility – Wrong game files activated

In the option "Data Files", make sure that only the files Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are enabled. ALL OTHER GAME FILES MUST BE DISABLED. "

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but looking thru several thousand posts to find it is no fun ..

Why are existing esp files unusable? If nehrim is based on the Oblivion engine then the nif and dds files must be the same. whats different? Just the location of nehrim on your hard drive?

no voice isn't in englisht, but the translation is pretty good...

how do you import other mods into nehrim? I want to play as another race but cant get the CS to detect the .esm and .esp

do I just make a mod as I normally would and then just move it to the nehrim folder?

In the option "Data Files", make sure that only the files Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are enabled. ALL OTHER GAME FILES MUST BE DISABLED. "

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but looking thru several thousand posts to find it is no fun ..

Why are existing esp files unusable? If nehrim is based on the Oblivion engine then the nif and dds files must be the same. whats different? Just the location of nehrim on your hard drive?

It's because Nehrim has absolutely nothing to do with Oblivion except that it uses it's resources and engine. It's a totally new world, story and system. Mods made for Oblivion will not work so must be deactivated as they have nothing to refer to and will crash the game. The game engine Oblivion uses is also utilized by other games that have nothing to do with TES or Bethesda.

There are plenty of links for everyone to find the info in the OP, especially the FAQ and Install Guide.

@billypnats:

Since Nehrim must be installed into it's own folder, NOT the Oblivion directory, the CS needs to be directed to the Nehrim files. I found this info on the Nehrim forum:

Copy these files from your Oblivion directory to the Nehrim root directory, like this -

Nehrim\TESConstructionSet.exe

Nehrim \ ssce5432.dll

Then make a Desktop shortcut to the CS exe in the Nehrim folder. Rename it to TESConstruction Set (Nehrim) and it will work. Only activate the esm and not the esp. The CS will still work for Oblivion by using the exe or shortcut for Oblivion in it's directory.

It's because Nehrim has absolutely nothing to do with Oblivion except that it uses it's resources and engine. It's a totally new world, story and system. Mods made for Oblivion will not work so must be deactivated as they have nothing to refer to and will crash the game. The game engine Oblivion uses is also utilized by other games that have nothing to do with TES or Bethesda.

There are plenty of links for everyone to find the info in the OP, especially the FAQ and Install Guide.

@billypnats:

Since Nehrim must be installed into it's own folder, NOT the Oblivion directory, the CS needs to be directed to the Nehrim files. I found this info on the Nehrim forum:

Copy these files from your Oblivion directory to the Nehrim root directory, like this -

Nehrim\TESConstructionSet.exe

Nehrim \ ssce5432.dll

Then make a Desktop shortcut to the CS exe in the Nehrim folder. Rename it to TESConstruction Set (Nehrim) and it will work. Only activate the esm and not the esp. The CS will still work for Oblivion by using the exe or shortcut for Oblivion in it's directory.

thanks that helped!! :D