resident evil :Afterlife

chibievil

They should make a movie out of Assassins Creed, although now I'm going off topic :sweat:

I only liked the first Resident Evil movie. So many zombies... The first three games are good, I have the fifth and fourth... meh. The fifth has literally no zombies in it... I haven't even encountered ONE and I played for 2 hours. The fourth... eh. It bored me. The first one I believe scared me quite a bit, because it had good zombie jumping out at you scenes. Ah the days that have gone...

Every Resident Evil film has been worse than the one before it. I really enjoyed the first film; probably the best game-to-film adaption I've seen on the big screen. Each one after that has had increasing amounts of "meh" in it; just action to bring in the kiddies rather than any tangible suspense or intrigue.

I went to see Afterlife and wasn't impressed. It's the worst of the Resident Evil films so far. Zombies play an extremely minor role in the film, taking a back drop to Alice doing her YouTube videos and a group of dull characters moping about with an utterly unintriguing background story that everyone knew would be an Umbrella trap from the get-go. The only actor worth their salt in the cast list is Wentworth Miller and they used him sparingly.

I went to see a zombie horror/action film and ended up with an action flick rip-off of Matrix effects only in 3D. It's quite clear they wanted to be the first to claim Matrix-style gunfights in 3D. The gimmick that it is.

Realistically there's about 5 minutes of zombies in the whole film. If that. I immediately went home and put 28 Days Later on to remind myself that there is at least one good "zombie" film that isn't made for the pre-pubescents or utter idiots.

Haven't played Resident Evil since RE3 and as far as I'm aware it's gone down-hill. I have RE5 sitting in my desk; played about an hour of it with a housemate and was very much looking forward to co-op Resident Evil. What I played wasn't Resident Evil; it was some other game using the Resident Evil name to sell boxes.

Rant over I guess.

TL;DR the film is crap. Don't pay to watch it.

I completely agree with you. Every single Resident Evil movie after the 1st one has gotten worse. I'm a big horror fan & love to be scared & jump in my seat. 28 days later is one of my favorite zombie movies. At the end of the movie, it left it open for another one. I'm sure I will be disappointed in that one too. When I go see a zombie movie, I want to see zombies!!! Come on! :mad: