Shivering Isles Suppression Patch?

ElderScrollsFan001

Hi i was wanting to know if would be possible to make a patch that would keep the Shivering Isles dlc from becoming active. There are a good many mods that require Shivering Isles but sometime it would be cool not to see the island and the topic quest topic come up if one has no plans not to do the Shivering Isles with certain characters

• 2 weeks later...

The mods that require SI, usually only do so because they use meshes and textures from that DLC, which means that you do not need it's esp. to be active, you only need it's meshes and textures in the Data folder.

The mods that require SI, usually only do so because they use meshes and textures from that DLC, which means that you do not need it's esp. to be active, you only need it's meshes and textures in the Data folder.

i thought that might be the case so i left esp inactive i still got the rumor ,with missing icon, and the island shows up but it's all puprle

i use these mods that require SI cyrodill rebuild,cyrodill rebuild II imperial city, and fort akastosh.

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

You can't disable the Shivering Isles esp. That esp is empty, so it does nothing by itself, but when it's active the game load the BSA. Without it, it won't load them and you get missing meshes/textures everywhere.

This is because of a Bethesda idea: To load a BSA, there are 2 ways:

1) Define it in the Oblivion.ini. PROBLEM: 255 char limit

2) Have an active esp with the same name as the BSA (or a portion of it).

Near all mods use this second way, even Bethesda: "DLCShiveringIsles.esp" is a dummy esp, because it's empty and do nothing, but when it's active all BSA starting with "DLCShiveringIsles" get loaded. Disabling it won't disable the Shivering Isles quests, as everything is included in the Oblivion.esm (and you can't disable it, unless you want to play in "nowhere land" or get a CTD for missing master).

So, you need to create a mod which edit the SI quests and disable them, and disable the strange door from appearing at all.

Anyway, I don't know why you want this, since the SI quests do not interfere with the rest of the game, and at worse you end with another quest entry in the journal, which slowly fall at the bottom, as other quests are added/updated...