Fog, light, and texture flickering.

abrb2011

I'll chime in as well that this happend to me with a Radeon 5800 series. The fog flickering and fire and hair flickering started for me as soon as the new driver was installed. I can live with it for now as it seems to be worst in Whiterun. Other areas it is almost unnoticeable.

I wonder what the chances are that Radeon fixes this in an update though.

Nice to know I can fix it by a driver rollback if it gets worse and I have to. Thanks for the info all.

UPDATE: I rolled back my AMD to the last beta ( 11/14) and it took care of issue. Just be careful in doing it. Best way is to go to AMD site and download from there. I tried to do it thru windows and when I clicked on "Rollback" it brought me back to a version from 2011. I couldn't even open STEAM with that.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds silly, but, exactly how do I roll back drivers? never done before

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9#1.E._Display_.26_Video_Card_Settings

Just use the STEP guide's updating video drivers section (I used the DDU to uninstall my drivers to enable me to rollback to 14.5). But rather than using the latest drivers, use the most stablest with recent use. The AMD and NVIDIA websites for driver support will normally have a list of relatively older driver versions available for download.

• 1 month later...

I tried everything here and it didn't work but what I did eventually figure out was that enb was causing my flickering. I found out by removing the d3d9.dll file from the same folder as tesv.exe. I then found a new enb download on nexus and it fixed the problem. I ended up using sharp shooter's enb. It causes a little flicker when i go into a foggy watery cave but only for a sec and then it clear's up.

• 3 months later...

Playing in windows 7 32 bit many years with out problem crash slowed in command prompt now pass on 64 bit same old graf card AMD 5700 driver 2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1443 add fresh install flickering like crazy with mod or without

some put shadow low very low cud work I don't know

If some have a solid solution please help

Skyrim is now an old classic and I love to play

and I find solution

Problem is AMD driver uninstalling this OMEGA driver for complexly

and install new 14.4 driver

flickering stop everywhere and game run nice

Hope this help a other users with Windows 7 64bit

Edited by a3572