In-game music!

Nealus

Recently downloaded Better Music System and realised that I have far not enough music to fill all that folders with. :rolleyes:

I searched and downloaded themes from Stronghold, LOTR and some other such games, but I understood that I need more, because I would :sick: soon hearing vanilla and David Wolf's themes.

(I know that DW's music is awesome, but I'm using that tracks for very long time and totally bored by them)

I'm looking for neoclassic and medieval-style music. Help would be greatly appeciated! ;)

Sorry for my english.

I recommend:

- The Gladiator Sound Track

- Brave-hearth Sound Track

- The Witcher PC game have impressive battle musics, and explore too

- Neverwinter 1 and 2

- Dragon Age ones.

- For dungeons, Diablo 1 and 2, Thief 1 and 2.

- Some of Beowulf.

Well there you have a lot of fun!

Also, after installing all the music into the Oblivion folder, a good thing to do is to use a software to normalize the volume and to save all the MP3 with the same kHz, etc.

I use Sound Forge 9 for this, the Batch Process utility, it do all automatic.

After that, I set all the data stamps to the same date, with a program like "File Date", the "random" Oblivion choose work better.

Regards!

Xtudo

I've put the spirited away soundtrack into mine and it fits so beautifully, I suggest OST's from SA like Dragon boy, nighttime coming, the House at swamp bottom, a road to somewhere, the empty resuraunt.

The Fable soundtrack also works nicely in there.

I've mostly put in opening, ending, and insert songs from various anime series; stuff from Moonsorrow, Rammstein, Rick Astley, Deathstars, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Gackt, ALI PROJECT, Super Junior, E Nomine, et al; and now putting in some stuff from Final Fantasy 5-8, Brave Fencer Musashi, Chrono Trigger, and Seiken Densetsu 3 (a.k.a. Secret of Mana 2; why the hell didn't Square bring that game to North America?). Only vanilla music I've still got is the battle music. (Gotta have something in there that stands out from the likes of Hikaru Utada, Rammstein, Toshiki Kadomatsu, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Aside from above recommended music like LOTR stuff and in addition to the great original music here are some that I use:

- Some remastered Daggerfall tracks especially "snowing" in the jerrall mountains, house theme and shop theme for homes.

- The creepy sounds and music from 2001 a space odyssey for especially ayleid ruins

- Lost soundtrack: jacobs theme, life and death, richards theme, exploring and traveling theme (for riding)

- Stephen king's IT: We are Sad

- Fargo theme

- Young Ichabod (sleepy hollow) for especially forest and night

- Inns: Daggerfall inn themes, Baldur's gate brynnlaw, the viking song and bards song from Bard's tale, the bard's song ın the forest (ınstrumental) from blınd guardıan and other instrumental mini songs by them especially from "nightfall in middle earth", Blackmore's night, Civ 4 soundtrack "Brennus".

- Fort Ruins: Various tracks from the Thief games. Davy Jones theme from pirates of the caribbean.

- Ayleid Ruins: Various calm LOTR tracks like lothlorien, as mentioned above space odyssey

- Knights of honor themes for Public

- For battle, various tracks from above sources but also epinikion's "reign of septims" (the only electronic music track I use).

Best...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4186

These are awesome for the Oblivion Realms. One of them, I forget the title now, is really good for the Fighter's Guild. It sounds less menacing than the others.

Dr. Eternal has some really nice stuff too.

Actually, search "Music" on this site and you'll find a lot of good stuff. Evil Blue Koala is good as well.

While you can put anything you want on your own computer - As long as its legally downloaded. :thumbsup: Please don't upload any copyrighted music to TheNexus sites. If you are not sure, please err on the side of caution. Just because you have legally downloaded and paid for a piece of music that does not mean you can freely distribute it - and that's what you are doing when you upload here.

Thanks

Bben46, Moderator