Project: Odyssey - Odyssey of the Dragonborn contributors needed

icecreamassassin

That sounds good to me...

Also on other topics: I have gotten permission to merge MoonPaths of Elsweyre which we can use as a resource base for the Halls of Colossus worldspace, which is something I am very excited about.

I also spoke with the Shadows of Morrowind team leader and got commitment that we can utilize their worldspace on our Morrowind project! I'm going to be helping them out with some quest implementation and whatever else they need help with when they get to the quest development segment. Still waiting to determine if they are building all of Morrowind or just the north part to determine if we are going to be staging things in a common area or if we will merely be utilizing resources to expand their morrowind worldspace into the southern segment of Vvardenfell where the scalding bay is (where the arrival point will be)

All in all, I'm very excited with the foundations that are being laid here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo...

Sorry for the lack of updating, I've been neck deep in a massive merge project with the base mod to provide support for addon mods inside the base package rather than requiring additional addons. Once that is done and I iron out the inevitable wrinkles, I'll be going full bore into this again. I have been rounding up a handful of voice actors which will come into play early on, and have been working on additional content.

I'm also debating about just continuing this project as a continuation of Legacy rather than as a whole separate plugin that requires it. Since the base mod is so complex and involved, I think it would work best to have it all as one package to cut down on conflicts. New content can be easily merged in now that TES5Edit can do merging without changing all formID's and once merged can be hooked into the content of the base mod easily. It will mean that any updates posted for the Odyssey project will often require resets of the mod package, so folks playing the base mod should stick to the V13 package and not upgrade to the Odyssey package until the bugs are worked out.

• 3 months later...

just wanted to post to ensure folks that this project is not dead. Legacy is nearing its final stages of development now with 2-3 more updates coming in the next month or so and after that I will be taking a short break to enjoy the work I have spent the last year and a half on and then will be jumping full force into Odyssey again. Now that it's all laid out I just need to start orchestrating piece by piece until we start getting somewhere :)

MyBad is making awesome progress on the Isle of Balfiera and has made an oblivion realm tied in with the portal the occurs at the tower due to Moon Riever's arrival (model completed by Ronnie Magnum) and I'll be starting work on the floating city of Umbriel before too long as well.

• 1 month later...

So I read all this last night, but I wasn’t able to actually type out a reply until just now. I’m really in love with these mod ideas and if you can pull it all off I’m confident they’ll be some of the best mods to grace Skyrim~ I’m not a modder myself so there’s not much I can help with. I like to think I’m fairly good at coming up with ideas, though, so if you ever need help coming up with something specific I’d be happy to help with that!

Wow, talk about weird synchronicity, I was just going to message you about some textures. I LOVE Legacy of the Dragonborn - so much that I will probably play the game again just so I can play with the final version. I wrote that very lengthy critique of the museum not long ago.

I would love to help out. I've been working on a mod of my own and was trying to decide whether or not to buy a Blue Yeti mic to try my hand at voice acting a few roles in mine. I'm a 40 year old American woman with a fairly unique voice so I could easily do an imperial. I think I may now be, ahem, "forced" to use your request as the excuse to just buy the mic LOL.

In any event, at the very least I can beta test it. I know a bit about the CK. Years ago I did some modeling and texturing for The Sims 2 but evidently my skill set is as woefully outdated as my old tools (Milkshape & UVMapper Pro). I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my old .obj into Skyrim with their UV Maps intact. So until I learn Blender, I can only manage to do some texturing.

BTW, I'll message you with pics of the updated textures for the Unique Treasures drink bottles. I tried to fix the UV maps for some of the other Unique Treasures so I could put better textures on them but that's when I discovered that re-mapping a mesh in my old tool is pointless since NIFskope won't read the map correctly. grrrrrrr I finally learned, today, why I was having a hell of a time fixing textures for the Gemstones mod so I'm going to finish that over the next few days. You can have the textures for any/all of them if they meet with your approval.

I'm a relatively new modder but I would like to offer my assistance with your project. My skill set is fairly small at the moment, all I can really do confidently right now is npc/follower creation. I do have experience with blender, though I'm unsure how to get files to and from skyrim at the moment. I feel fairly confident that I could also come up with, at least, rough dungeon layouts, though I have to say I'm kind of meticulous so it shouldn't be too rough. I have a very devious mind so could lay out traps and ambushes in unexpected places as well as making semi maze-like dungeons. I'm slowly learning scripts and the syntax so I don't think I could script anything right now, other than rudimentary activators and such. I also wouldn't mind being a voice actor if you needed. I'm an american man in my 30's so could be an Imperial and, I feel, I have a fairly decent Khajiit voice as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently lost my job so I have some time on my hands. Nothing too fancy, but I can do some basic modeling and texturing. From what I understand though the latest versions of 3DS Max cant be used for modeling for Skyrim? Unfortunately I only have 2015 and 2013, so if anyone knows where I can get a copy of 3DS Max 2010, Id be happy to help in some small way. I also have a somewhat decent mic (its a Samson meteor) if you need any voice-acting. Ive been told I have a young voice, so I guess if you need any children voices. Im passingly familiar with the Creation Kit- I actually did a fair amount of modding for Morrowind back in the day, so I can do some help with worldbuilding. Im not claiming any real talent, but if you need any grunt work done...

Thanks everyone for the posts. In the coming weeks I hope to be able to set up a few links off this main thread which direct to the specific act projects, and I will be revising this main thread a little to reflect recent changes in the project.

Odyssey will take the following structure and basically will be addon patches that work all in conjunction with one another. Key content will be built into Legacy and altered by each of the episodes so basically you will have a single quest that can be progressed by each of the acts, act titles are tentative:

Odyssey of the Dragonborn

Act 1: Tower of Zero (Direnni Tower, Isle of Balfiera)
Stand alone addon for Legacy, requires no other mods

Act 2: The lost city (Umbriel)

Act 3: Path of Titans (Highrock)

Act 4: Eldengrove (Valenwood)
Stand Alone addon for Legacy

Act 5: Echos of the past (morrowind)
Will require Skywind mod and Legacy

Act 6: Conclave of Baal (Blackmarsh)

Act 7: The Sands of A'tor (Hammerfell)
Requires Legacy and may require gray cowl of norturnal mod by MannyGT unless I can find another mod with hammerfell desert space to add directly into

Act 8: Monahven (throat of the world)

Act 9: Legacy fulfilled (Elsweyr)
Will be a stand along mod that requires Legacy and comprises of my rebuilt version of Moonpath to Elswyer entitled "Return to the Mane" where I intend on rebuilding the moonpath content in a worldspace instead of interior cells and will include additional areas. The Act 9 addon will include the halls of colossus where the story meets its conclusion.