No more sitting down

dukeskyrunner

I saw an old topic discussing a buff for sitting down. I would like to remove the ability entirely. Often times, when I'm sneaking around in a ghoul-infested building, I'll stop to pick up some loot. This loot will happen to be near a chair. When I go to grab for it, either it gets bumped and moves, or my mouse twitches and I will be pointing within the chairs radius at the moment I hit 'E'. So I stand up, casually announce my presence to every angry beast in the vicinity, and sit down all prim and proper with my hands in my lap. It really spoils my game when I'm being a sneaky little devil. I've never found a use for sitting in game. Is there some way to mod it out. Obviously NPCs should still be able to sit, but the player never has a reason to. The only time you are forced to sit is during the GOAT. Anyone else annoyed by this?

Well, in the Geck, there is an object window you can just choose an item and scroll it to the render window, therefore putting it somewhere in the game. The chairs you're able to sit down are tagged as furniture, and the ones you can't(like the ones turned over, etc.) are tagged static. However, turning all furniture chairs into static ones would mean opening every cell/world space in Geck and deleting the furniture chair, and replacing it with a static one, ONE BY ONE. So, it's nearly impossible.

Just be careful not to accidentaly sit on a chair, it's not that hard.

Not a good idea! Some NPCs depend on be able to sit. You could easily break quests with changing the chairs to static.

A better way would be to script every chair base object with an OnActivate block which simply doesn't allow the player. Some have to be left out like the Vault where you can find Daddy or Oasis for example. It's not realy complicated.

Edit: But if it helps with the sneak problem? I don't think so.

Edit: I realized a thought error.