A Fitness Topic

DrunkenGamer

I'd like to believe that we are not all nerdy, forum-game playing, video-game-only loving nerds who stay home all the time. We all have hobbies besides games, right?

One of my hobbies is weightlifting, and I just want to know if any of us here also weight lift. If so, well then, feel free to post stats and workout routines. Offer advice here and there, ask a question or two. So, who's with me?

As for me, I love to weightlift (hate running), and it really helps with football and wrestling. I'll go to the gym after practice every other day to add something to my workout that day.

So, without further ado, my stats.

Max Bench: 265 pounds

Max Squat: 330 pounds

Max Clean and Jerk: 180 pounds

Regular Routine (all weights include the bar):

Bench: Starting at 160 pounds, go into 3 sets of 5, moving up 10 pounds each set with abdominal work inbetween.

Squat: Starting at 180 pounds, go into 3 sets of 5, moving up 15 pounds each set with abdominal work inbetween.

Clean: Starting at 140 pounds, go into 3 sets of 5, moving up 5 pounds each set with abdominal work inbetween.

Standing Military Press: Starting at 15 pounds, go into 3 sets of 5, moving up 10 pounds each set. No abdominal work.

Bicep curls (dumbell): 30 pounds each hand, 8 sets of 5.

Bicep curls (barbell): 40 pounds, 5 sets of 3.

Arnold Press: 50 pounds, 5 sets of 5.

Shrugs: 80 pounds, until muscle failure.

EDIT:

I weigh 215 pounds at 6'0. I eat like a...something that eats a lot.

And increased my bench 10 pounds, but my squat and jerk have remained the same. Strange. But still feels good man.

i take 5 karate classes a week (at best, at worst 3 classes) we work for around 45 minutes, and alway spush ourselves hard (atleast i do, some of the younger kids dont get that your supposed to be ou otf breath and all sweaty) after getting my black belt, which involves really hard training at the end of each class, everything seems easier

Ooooooooooh, another monster in here.Yes, I go to the gym too.It's kinda relaxing imo lol. :thumbsup:Waiiiiit, you got 16 this year and youre able to benchpress 255 pounds (=115 kilo) o_OHave you been starting to lift weights with 12 or what?

I started at 14. From then until like 5 months ago, I basically kept doing it non-stop while taking the regular supplements and trying to eat as healthy as possible.

You'd be surprised to see how much improvement you can make in the timeframe of about 6-8 months, especially with regular protein supplements.

It's only now since I started playing football that I haven't really had the chance to go to the gym.

@Calliton

45 minutes? Eh, I can see getting a workout in that timeframe, but just curious; Do you do anything outside of that? Extra push-ups, sit-ups, weights, anything?

Quick question Calliton what sort of karate is is and what dan is your belt?

My friend is a brown belt in shotokan karate and he convinced me to do it for a while, but my height made all my movements quite awkward haha.

I'm in marching band as my required time outside, but I usually have problems lifting something more than 20 pounds straight up. Also, I can fit my fingers around my upper arm, but that's more likely due to having really long fingers. Maybe.

Maybe I need to stop being sterotypical.

My friend is a brown belt in shotokan karate and he convinced me to do it for a while, but my height made all my movements quite awkward haha.

i take a mixture, but its based on tai kwon do

and im a first degree, going for second in a year

I'm in marching band as my required time outside, but I usually have problems lifting something more than 20 pounds straight up. Also, I can fit my fingers around my upper arm, but that's more likely due to having really long fingers. Maybe.

Maybe I need to stop being sterotypical.

Marching band is no joke. It's very tiring, no?

And don't worry about not being able to lift. Everybody can do it, only everybody has to start somewhere.

Like me, I first had trouble benching 60 pounds. The bar itself was like 40, and I had 10 weights on each side.

I just kept moving up.

But marching band is raw in it's own way. Keep it up, really. Band geeks rawk.

i take a mixture, but its based on tai kwon do

and im a first degree, going for second in a year

Do you guys spar in class?