ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Clothing mod conflict

Sebiale

I recently installed all the sexy clothing mods by OldWolfe, (regular sexy version on all of them) and some of them seem to be having issues.

I haven't seen them all yet, but I know that the chantry and apprentice robes seems to be working fine, while the commoner and noble clothing looks okay from far away, but as soon as I get close, the color of the NPC's skin and clothing starts shifting, and will alter itself depending on where my character stands and what position the NPC is in.

Any ideas as to what mod(s) may be the problem, or at what type of file may be conflicting with them?

Do you have any other clothing mods, like one of the proportions fixes, installed? Or a texture mod that might be affecting textures close up? It sounds like the LOD files for longer distances are working fine, but closer where textures are more defined seems where the problem appears.

Do you have any other clothing mods, like one of the proportions fixes, installed? Or a texture mod that might be affecting textures close up? It sounds like the LOD files for longer distances are working fine, but closer where textures are more defined seems where the problem appears.

Let's see:

JBTextures

Improved Atmosphere

DA Redesigned

Proportion fixes for the female dwarf, elf, and human. They aren't the full ones, just the fixes for the undressed models.

Qwinn's fixpack(not sure if this touches textures)

The Icons project

I also have something called armor tints in override containing tnt files. They all have noble in the file name. I cannot remember what they're for...

Hmmmm, I just realized that I have Hsli robes installed through the modder and override. That could be bad (although I doubt it relates to my problem).

Imma pop over to some other places, see if the clothes are having the same problems on elf/dwarf models.

Edit: They do not appear to be suffering any afflictions on the dwarves, but it was just the origin, there may be something happening once I reach Ostagar, not sure.

Will check enchanter robes, and the elves later. Bed now.

Just got through doing a bit of playing and toying.

Good news #1: Eliminated all mods that are loaded through the DLC tab in the game menu as the cause. Turned them all of, force loaded (amazingly the game still loaded) and the issues persisted.

Good news #2: Deleted a bunch of TNT files that seemed to all be related to the noble clothing, and all the clothing alterations that happened seemed to have stopped.

Good News #3: Other robes and races seem to be unaffected.

Bad News #1: The skins on human women who are wearing the commoner version is still wacky.

Bad News #2: The staffs that are sitting in the hand of the stone statues around Ostagar are now also flickering through a bunch of color patterns. I think one is the same one as the tents.

Bad News #3: Entering the elevated area in Ostagar where the prisoner is kept seems to be an auto-crash sentence for the game. Not sure what's causing it. (Not the first time this area has hated me, although last time it happened when I tried to leave, not enter.)

I see a variety of causes here, and nailing down which one could be problematic. DA Redesigned, IA, and JB all deal with textures, and make sure that proportions fix only has files for the naked bodies. I also use those, made by tmp77 I think, and they are redisigns for all armors/clothes/nude models in the folders. I like to use apprentice robes by Firrineach, so I went into the proportions folders and removed all robe files as an example. Also, the game will take files in the override folder first over those added using the addon option. I will bet you have something in the override folder that is causing a lot of this, and override files do not show up in the downloaded content to turn off/on.

I will bet you have something in the override folder that is causing a lot of this, and override files do not show up in the downloaded content to turn off/on.

That was my point. I know the issue is somewhere in the override because I had everything in the DLC turned off and the problem still persisted.

make sure that proportions fix only has files for the naked bodies.

I only downloaded the underwear proportion files.

I have also found three new files in my override that are pretty new, just created on the 17th; two NSS files and an NCS files. Not sure what they deal with, although since one of them has polymorph in the name I think it may be the full shapeshifting forms mod.

I've done some poking around with the mods you listed and scratching my head as to which one is causing the problem. Being that the armorr tints is in the override, I have a hunch that might be an issue. I experienced sommething similar when I used Firinneach's Combined mesh mod and retinted with the T7/Dragonbone retint mod. The tint files should be erf files. Might remove those to see to see if they might be a problem with the clothing issue. As for the Ostagar thing (sorry just noticed it from your earlier post) when you force load a game, immediately create a new save, then reload the new save. Then see if the problem persists. The way I would approach this fix would be to remove all of the mods, then replace them one at a time until the problem reoccurs. That should help narrow down the root of the conflict.

I removed the armor tint files, and that seemed to help.

I'm also working on the whole process of wapping out mods to see which if any seem to fix or cause the issue.

Edit:

Did some file dancing.

I believe I have three distinct issues:

-Modified clothing textures: Solved by removing Bidelle's Studio, CC extra tints/tones, modified chantry robes, Chargen package, HSLI sexy robes, More hairstyles, Pineapple's colors. (This also removes the back of my skull because of the hair :P)

-Game crashing: Removed proportion fixes for all races, Dracomies Underwear and Enchanter; noble; morrigan; commoner modified clothes.

-Statue pole textures: Removed Dogreplacer--Witherfang, Female Warden Commander Armor, Modified Gore, rescaled weapons, and rescaled vfx for weapons.

The files listed are not necessarily the files directly at fault, merely in the group of mods I've found that, having been removed, have solved the issue. Will trim the list down later.