The Siren's Deception

Lehcar

Was anyone else really disappointed that your only option in that quest is to play good guy? If you are female they ask you to join their gang, but then your only option is to refuse and reveal that you're working for the guards. Pity, that sucks, they wasted a really good plot IMO.

Oh indeed, they could have had some real fun here.

I mean, come on, you're wasting a golden opertunity for all kinds of havoc, a prostitutes guild perhaps even. That would certainly fit with lore.

But yes, like so many of vanilla's quests it feels rushed and forced and needing of a re-vamp, no pun intended. If I ever bother to upload oblivion mods, it's things like this that I would fix: rushjob vanilla quests. hell, maybe one day...

You can download Gweden Brothel (see forum topic here) if you want an alternate ending to this quest that puts one of the characters (the others will die, but you have to keep her alive) in charge of a brothel that is set up at the farm. Your job after that is to recruit girls to work there. It's an interesting mod with quests, but timing can be a little funky and make you think you're doing something wrong when the quests don't update, although waiting ... and waiting, and waiting ... until the internal quest timer runs its course will usually fix it. I think ghastley did an excellent job in giving us an alternative to just playing a goody-two-shoes in Siren's Deception, although in my opinion the mod is still just a bit rough around a couple of its edges. It's well worth the download and effort to play it through, especially if you're at a relatively early point in the game and you need the extra cash (not much, but its better than nothing) that you'll get from being involved with the brothel.

And before you ask, no, there are no "adult" rated scenes in this mod. Everything happens when you aren't there, although you will occasionally see some of the customers hanging around.

I do agree with you guys, though. This is one of many Vanilla quests that seemed rushed and had a lot of unaddressed potential. It would have been nice if Bethesda had given players the option to actually play out many of the quests from the Bad Guy perspective, rather than forcing us all into a single little mold. Perhaps some enterprising modder could figure out a way to give players that option in Siren's Deception from the beginning -- maybe even work it into a path that leads directly to ghastley's Gweden Brothel or a similar set-up.

There's nothing "x-rated" about the Gweden Brothel, Lehcar. ghastley did a good job of balancing the erotic with the purely mundane in that mod. However, I, myself, would really enjoy a mod that gives me the opportunity to join the other side in the Vanilla version of this questline. I'm tired of invariably getting shuttled into the Good Guy rut by virtually all the miscellaneous side-quests. There's a reason I join the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, after all.