Ground Textures Replacing Sun (Glitch)

MinigunMassacre

Hello I am getting this odd glitch

I read as much as I can. I had this glitch on my older graphics cards but I can't remember how I had fixed it or where the thread was. Although I would greatly appreciate any help, please do not make obvious suggestions such as re-installing (My internet is quite slow for that :>), VRAM usage etc.

Parameters for Occurence:

• The glitch only happens once you exit a building (Load into another cell) and return to the outside.
  • If loading from a clean start in an outdoor area, the sun will appear fine.

Screenshots:

Notes that may be of use:

I have a feeling it may be due to some sort of lens flare texture glitch as I do not see any sun lens flare without ENB.

Performance

• Vram Usage NEVER exceeded 1.7GB (Checked with GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner)
  • Game runs on Ultra 1080p w/o launcher AA or AF (Due to ENB) [ENB Of the Apocalypse]
  • Performance wise it runs 60fps most of the time.

Past 'Sky' related installs:

• I used to have Nevada skies but removed it using Mod Manager.
  • Installed EWI'S sun after I was getting this problem to see if it would fix it. Short awnser, noope.

Here are my basic specs:

• I5 3470
  • Palit Jetstream GTX 970 (This has 4GB Vram)
  • 2x 4GB Hyper X BLU

Thigs I have done:

• Archive Invalidation Reset
  • Merge Patches
  • Load order sorting
  • Reinstalling Main Texture mods
  • Removing sun.dds from data/textures/sky
  • Turning on/off ENB
  • Loading a diffrent save file with CASM

What I am running;

• NVSE
  • Nexus mod manager
  • Fallout Fake Fullscreen
  • 4GB Patch
  • FNV Edit for merge patches
  • BOSS for load orders

These are my main Texture mods:

• OJO Bueno
  • EWI's Big Texture Pack Ultimate edition
  • NMC Large
  • Improved Noise LOD texture
  • Realistic Lighting overhaul

'Minor' texture mods:

• Enhanced Blood
  • EVE
  • Feral Ghouls HD
  • Vurtz Flora Overhaul
  • IWHT (Improved heavy weapons textures)
  • Hectoral Tumbleweed and Duststorms
  • Sandy Mojave
  • Hi-Res Chems
  • Weapon Retexture Project
  • Book of Water and Steel
  • Bighorner Ultra Resolution
  • PipBoy 3000 Retexture
  • 4k Gauss Rifle
  • Mojave nights - Moon/Night replacer
  • Misc Item Icons

This is my load order

Edited by MinigunMassacre

B4 glitch (before entering building) ->

After Glitch (with ENB Turned off to see it more clearly) ->

Notes:

• No Sunsprite
  • Ground texture in sky shifts to random textures (This one appears to be from Sandy Mojave)
  • Less noticable with ENB, probably due to sunshafts.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a few days, have you found a solution to your problem?

First thing to suspect seems to be a faulty installation of a weather mod, but you did mention un-installing NSkies, hm. Sure there aren't any leftovers? I don't think it necessarily has to be the sun texture but I'm only guessing on that one.

Next thing, I suppose, would be something wrong with another texture mod, though I can't quite tell which one could be the cause. Have you considered, as much of a pain in the backside it would be, to un-install all texture mods, delete the texture folder in your Data and load up the game without them to see if that fixes it?

Although if you haven't saved all the mods some place that would mean you'd have to re-download them.

Another tedious thing is to look at all the texture mods to see which textures are supposed to go where and compare that to your own Data folder, see if anything is in the wrong place.

I have the same exact problem!

Nevada skies, EVE, Project Nevada, Realistic wasteland lighting, Weapon re texture project. With no dlc

It switches between different ground textures.

It does say in NSkies' description that this can occur when something went wrong with the installation of that mod.

Q: Why do my clouds and other parts of the mod seem to be broken (ground textures in the sky) ?

A: Make sure you have ArchiveInvalidInvalidated!.bsa properly installed and you downloaded and installed the DATA files that go with your esp/esm file, and make sure you unpacked them in the right directory. Example: DATA/textures/etc. Also it might help to switch to high texture quality in game settings.

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing NSkies?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this issue too. I've tried all the fixes above. The strangest part is that it suddenly happened, it was fine before!

Edit: I think I just fixed my game! I uninstalled Realistic Wasteland Lighting and I no longer have this problem!

Edited by ExplodingFloor

• 4 months later...

Has anyone resolved this? I have completely uninstalled new Vegas twice and the problem keeps coming back. It's driving me crazy. I've been all over the web and every thread on the matter ends like this one with no pinpoints to the problem. I've messed with INI and done everything I can think of. I've tried all sorts of lighting mods and no mods it keeps happening. Vanilla game or modded this keeps coming back.

I remember seeing something about this regarding installing FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52037/?

"Ground textures in the sky or vice versa: [iNSTALLATION ERROR]
Caused by missing textures, ENB transparency settings or load order. Please ensure your download was not corrupted and you have installed correctly everything correctly. Always use the latest ENB binaries. Always load FNVRWL last. Try re-downloading the mod."

Seems like pretty generic/"duh" advice, but there ya go, best I can do buddy, i hope you resolve your issue!

• 2 years later...

I dont f*#@ing know. My sky was PERFECT when I first downloaded FNVRWL, but after reinstalling it after a new game install, this bug pops up. Its just pissing me off