A modest and somewhat uneducated request

oldnotweak

first off thanks for reading this. my request is if someone could make it so i can use the construction set to flip trees upside down and turn them on there sides (when i say that i dont mean the leaves i mean the whole tree so i can make it grow out of the ceiling, wall. etc) and all that good stuff i dont even know if thats possible if it isnt ill have to scrap a few mods :( and thats all thanks :)

I think this is only possible with custom-modded trees that are created as true three-dimensional objects. I'm not exactly sure how standard Oblivion trees are handled by the game engine (in fact, they might be ONLY handled by the game engine, rendering them impossible to manipulate by any means in the CS other than to place them and alter their vertical displacement from x/x/0), but, yes ... you're going to have to either make some trees on your own or resort to modder resources which include trees, as ub3rman123 suggested.

Keep in mind that anything like a realistic tree is going to be polygon intensive. A whole forest of these things is going to drag even a good computer to a grinding halt. That's probably why Bethesda implemented trees like they did. A few here and there shouldn't be too much of a burden, especially if you use low polygon structures and hide that with clever textures. I've seen that done to good measure in Second Life, where really blocky objects could be made to look smooth and organic, even when without the texture applied they appeared quite chunky and unfinished. It's not easy tricking the eye with textures, though.

Try looking at how the rice plant is built in the CS. That might be an option -- somewhere between the billboard trees we have and complex 3D trees. It's not an ideal solution to what you want, but it's better than nothing. You can rotate a rice plant, at least on one axis. I've never actually tried rotating one so as to lay it down horizontally, but I don't see why that shouldn't be possible. The leaves are a series of intersecting planes with leaf textures and transparent backgrounds. A casual look in-game makes it look fairly realistic, but close inspection reveals it to be what it actually is. That's not really an issue with rice. It might be with your trees, although this is the way trees (indeed, most plants) are implemented in Second Life and nobody seems to complain about it.