Things you learned from playing Oblivion

Lehcar

I've learned that there's no point putting your horse in a stable or standing under cover when it rains, because it only rains on YOU even if you have a roof over your head, unless of course your are actually indoors.

Lessons from Character Creation:

•  
  • Growing a beard will change the shape of your face and turn your skin blue from the neck down.
  • It is almost impossible to have a mustache without a beard.
  • Depending on what your birth sign is, you may or may not have mystical powers.
  • You can tell how old a reptile is by looking at the color of its scales.
  • Male and female lions both have manes.
  • Blue eyes have a tendency to look really goddamn creepy.
  • Becoming an acrobat requires no previous training. The same goes for [insert unusual preset character class here.)
  • Lips are full of air; bigger lips are more inflated.
  • Everyone's ears look exactly the same.
  • The darker your complexion is, the manlier you look.
  • By contrast, the paler it is, the more swollen your cheeks will be.
  • The closer your eyes are to your nose, the more spontaneously Asian you will become.
  • Whenever you raise your eyebrows, your nose grows.
  • Countless generations of genetics can easily be summarized with a bunch of sliders.
  • Cosmetic surgery should, in theory, be nearly impossible; how can you change one feature of somebody's face without accidentally changing everything else?
  • Prisons are not known for their lighting; thanks to this, you will not be known for being at all attractive.
  • It's okay though, everyone is ugly. No exceptions.

I've learned that everyone in the world is helpless without me. I have the highest intelligence, combat skills and ability to adapt. No doubt I will end up as master of any faction or group I meet (unless I single-handedly wipe it out), where I then receive the benefits without any further work. Oh right, and everything can be solved with violence.

Lastly, sleep is overrated. Only if I have to reflect on my own progress of being awesome, I'll close my eyes for an hour. I also have no trouble of waiting for hours and days in one spot if needed too.

1. There are no latrines ... anywhere. And no NPCs showing signs of ... urgency.
  2. The sewers really don't seem to connect with anything. Ever seen a "storm drain" or a toilet inside a building? Or even anyone tossing a pan of something you'd rather not step in out into the street for the rain to wash away, later?
  3. People really never buy anything at an inn or tavern. They just sit down, pull food out their pockets and hold it in their hands while they eat it with their fingers -- even if there's a plate with eating utensils in front of them on the table.
  4. Cave entrances are through holes in solid boulders.
  5. Some houses have interiors that can't possibly fit into them.
  6. Even good NPC fighters and mages avoid mud crabs -- one of the easiest critters in the game to kill.
  7. Pewter items are worthless. Go to a real store in real life and try to convince someone who sells pewter items that they should be free.
  8. You can't loot a Goblin's clothes. C'mon, people. I want to see a nekkid Goblin!
  9. You can't wear anything under your armor. That's gotta chafe something awful.
  10. There's a known pirate ship moored at the IC Waterfront. Am I the only one who has a problem with this?
  11. Nobody has discovered Dunbarrow Cove, yet. If Imperial authorities knew it existed they'd be all over it like flies on ... honey.
  12. Argonians are reptiles but the women have breasts. Why?
  13. In Cyrodiil there are only Suthay-raht Khajitt. Were they all born during the new Masser and waning Secunda?
  14. You can't talk to Goblins, Ogres, or Trolls (even though we know Goblins and Trolls, at least, have linguistic ability).

Also:

When a cannibal bites you, you have 3 days to pray. otherwise you'll turn into a cannibal, too.

And of course, no one needs medicine,especially in the middle age

Ah, yes, vampirism. That actually requires blood sharing, not just biting, but nice try.

But somehow they can infect you just by punching you, no blood involved.

Also:

When a cannibal bites you, you have 3 days to pray. otherwise you'll turn into a cannibal, too.

And of course, no one needs medicine,especially in the middle age

Ah, yes, vampirism. That actually requires blood sharing, not just biting, but nice try.

But somehow they can infect you just by punching you, no blood involved.

Claws.