I usually help ppl here but this time I need some :P

Valkyrie

Hi all! I spend an hr or so each day trying to help others with Skyrim problems here on the forums but as the sign says, this time I need some. And it seems pretty simple too but it has me baffled.

The problem is that I crash the moment I open Eltry's note in Markath. Its only that note. Other notes and books are fine. Have many mods installed but I run smooth and am crash free after much tweaking. I've of coarse run LOOT, cleaned masters and some mods that needed it, Run TES5EDIT to check load order and dependencies, made a bash patch, and its a clean save. My specs are as folows:

AMD980 x4 Phenom 2 Black Edition O/C'd to 4.4 ghz

OCZ 2 Solid State Hard Drives

Zotac 970 Extreme

Plenty of Mem available both on card and mobo while running. Performance monitor installed. Can turn on logging if you think papyrus will be of help.

Any ideas?

Edited by Valkyrie

If it is only with that note and when you are trying to read it...

First, turn on papyrus logging and replicate the crash. The log won't indicate what caused the crash but it may tell us if there is something going wrong with the activation/opening/reading of the note.

Another thing you can do is investigate your mods and determine if any of them modify the note either directly or indirectly.

Since it's a reproducible CTD, the other thing you can do to try and narrow down the culprit, is to 1) disable all of your compatibility patches, then 2) divide the plugins in your load order into two groups, disable first group, attempt in game to open the note, see if your game CTD. Then reenable first group and disable second group, then divide the group that causes the CTD into two sub-groups, etc. rinse and repeat, until you can identify the plugin that causes the reproducible CTD (that one that, when disabled, allows you to open the note without issues).