Editing furniture marker nif for in game visibility?

smashly

Hi, I'll try to keep it brief, but I don't like my chances :smile:

I've written some code to add some vanilla furniture markers in game as wanted and it works well. eg: Wall Lean Marker, Lay Marker, Sit Marker etc...

I would like to use a visual representation of the marker while placing it and after the marker is placed the visual marker is removed. As I say I already have the code in place and working.

Is there an easy way to set a marker geometry to be flagged as visible in game using an existing marker as a base?

Poking around in NifScope and I feel I'm clueless as what I'd need to edit.

I have had a google search, but I don't think I have the correct key words as I don't seem to find what I'm after.

Any pointers or advice would be appreciated. TYIA

Edited by smashly

Thank You for taking the time to respond.

I already have that part sorted, it making a dummy marker visible in game that I'm trying to work out.

I was hoping a simple shader swap or flags in NifScope of an original marker to create a dummy marker that's visible in game .

But I'm a bit lost in what I should be changing to get the result I'm after.

I've been reading various NifScope tuts, but still not seeing what I need to do.

Ahh well, give it time and I'll get it worked eventually :)

Thank you once again for taking the time to respond.

Unchecking the Marker flag doesn't make a marker visible in game.

But I worked out how to edit a marker in NifScope so it can be seen in game.

Now I can get back to my code and use my dummy markers as a visual reference in game while placing markers :smile:

My followers can now Wall/Bar/Counter clean/lean, lay, read, search, sit, observe, drink, and idle all over any place I choose.

All good.

Cheers

Edited by smashly