GetIsSex ..... gender check in script

finestanonymous

Okay im trying to edit a mods scripts for myself ... but it doesnt seem to be working ..... basically i want to remove a gender check on a certain mod =/ .... i have tried removing it from the script altogether .... that didnt work (it wouldnt save the edited script) then i tried switching it to a different gender and leaving it in the script ... that failed aswell (basically i couldnt fit in the words for some stupid reason) .... im getting quite annoyed frankly .. :wallbash: i dont know much about scripts .. so ... im asking for help because i KNOW* it can be done.... =| can someone please help me with this little problem??

Any help is largely appreciated ... Thanks :thumbsup:

OK....Open your Oblivion folder and find your OBSE launcher in there. Right click on it, and select Create shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and select properties and look at the target path. Mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" ( your will probably be different ).

Now change this to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -editor

Just add -editor on the end and then drag this shortcut onto your desktop. when you double click it it will open the CS, and allow you to alter scripts if they have been written with OBSE.

Try altering your script doing this and see what happens...If you still have problems post the section of the script you wish to alter, and I will look at it for you.

OK....Open your Oblivion folder and find your OBSE launcher in there. Right click on it, and select Create shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and select properties and look at the target path. Mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" ( your will probably be different ).

Now change this to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -editor

Just add -editor on the end and then drag this shortcut onto your desktop. when you double click it it will open the CS, and allow you to alter scripts if they have been written with OBSE.

Try altering your script doing this and see what happens...If you still have problems post the section of the script you wish to alter, and I will look at it for you.

Its not having any of it, i did exactly what you said but it keeps coming up with some annoying error box saying "blah blah blah cant do this you cant do that -make sure the path and file name are correct" :biggrin: :blink: i cant put the extension (-editor) on it .. it wont let me.

Only one thing i can think of that your doing wrong....dont put a space anywhere in the tartget selection.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -editor : there is no space between - obse_loader.exe" -editor : it just looks like there is one.

And dont copy my target destination....yours will be different. Other than that, make sure you are running the OBSE launcher as administrator before you make a shortcut of it and add the -editor line at the end.

Only one thing i can think of that your doing wrong....dont put a space anywhere in the tartget selection.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -editor : there is no space between - obse_loader.exe" -editor : it just looks like there is one.

And dont copy my target destination....yours will be different. Other than that, make sure you are running the OBSE launcher as administrator before you make a shortcut of it and add the -editor line at the end.

Still wont work ... =/ im doing what you say .... but its just not doing it ..... i ran obse as admin before i made a shortcut to it .... the target destination is the right one .... and there was no spaces or anything .... :confused:

Try this. Right click on the tesconstruction set, choose properties, and put -editor on the end of the target path there.

This is my target path before alteration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\TESConstructionSet.exe"

Now i just change it to look like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\TESConstructionSet.exe"-editor

If that dont work....your up the creek without a paddle....sorry.

Try this. Right click on the tesconstruction set, choose properties, and put -editor on the end of the target path there.

This is my target path before alteration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\TESConstructionSet.exe"

Now i just change it to look like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\TESConstructionSet.exe"-editor

If that dont work....your up the creek without a paddle....sorry.

Yep still not bloody working .... :dry: i actually give up for good now .... im way to annoyed to keep trying ... if i do i'll end up smashing my pc up ;) thanks for your help anyway... i really appreciated it :thumbsup: