Body Textures and .EGT files - Help a Noob T_T

BenDelat

So - I'm trying to create a race in CK...

I first tried duplicating some races I downloaded, but either body or face textures were missing..

I then decided to start from scratch, but noticed, the body texture window in the body parts tab is asking for a .egt file.

I have no .egt files, only .dds - So how do I apply a body texture when it's asking me for the wrong file type??

Forget about editing the egt, it’s not necessary. There are 4 records you need to edit:

Race
Armor
ArmorAddon
Textureset

To get an understanding of how this works, open NordRace (Object window left panel under Character - Race). In the Body Data tab underneath the body texture egt you will see Skin - SkinNaked. SkinNaked is the armor and that is the next record you need to open.

Without closing the NordRace record, find and open the SkinNaked record (Object window left panel under Items - Armor). In the SkinNaked record look to where it lists models and you will find 3 listed - NakedFeet, NakedHands, NakedTorso). These models are the ArmorAddons. In the models window of the NakedSkin record double left click on NakedTorso and the NakedTorso ArmorAddon record will open. (you may also need ArmorAddons for hands and feet or even a tail if you want).

You now have 3 of the 4 records open, you need one more. In the NakedTorso ArmorAddon you see where it says Skin Texture - SkinBodyMale_1. SkinBodyMale_1 is the TextureSet, you need to open that as well. (Object window left panel under Miscellaneous - TextureSet).

In the TextureSet it should be obvious to you how it points to the needed Textures.

These are the 4 records you need to make a new race.