ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Collectible corpses?

Trueform

Hi,

I am trying to include the ability to pick up corpses in one of my mods, adding them to your inventory and being able to place them down just like a clutter object. Does anyone know of any existing mod that allows you to do this, or any way of making it? I assume it means more than just a script, such as something to do with changes in blender, perhaps? Any help will be appreciated to pointing me in the right direction. Thanks very much in advance :)

Excellent, I didn't have the first idea where to start! thanks guys. I'm trying to do a mod that was suggested on this forum actually, about being able to bury the dead (with the option of 'decorating' your house with them for the evil players out there, of course), so I have the basic game mechanics idea, just need a way to implement it. I'll have a look at the suggested sources. Thanks again :)

Couldn't you make a fose mod that allows this, an example:

Activating the body brings up a window that has the option to pick up or search it, and with cannibal, you could have a third option while in sneak mode that allows the player to feed

If they choose to pick them up, then the reference is stored somehow and a token is added to their inventory with the info in it, then when they drop it, it spawns the body where the token is dropped.

But, i don't know how to script so I could be wrong.

Couldn't you make a fose mod that allows this, an example:

Activating the body brings up a window that has the option to pick up or search it, and with cannibal, you could have a third option while in sneak mode that allows the player to feed

If they choose to pick them up, then the reference is stored somehow and a token is added to their inventory with the info in it, then when they drop it, it spawns the body where the token is dropped.

But, i don't know how to script so I could be wrong.

Thank you for the suggestion :) That's what I've been looking into, so it's good someone else has thought of it too, because it means I'm roughly on the right track :) I have set up the perk with the activator on it (so you get the option to pick up the corpse when they're dead) I just can't make anything happen after that... I could possibly make a situation where the body is deleted after the corpse is 'picked up' and create a token for the inventory, but dropping the corpse again is the troublesome aspect. I'm not sure how the game stores the information to record how damaged a body is (I ideally would like to make it so that the body keeps its level of destruction) so I can't make the spawn of any enemy :wallbash: I believe it's something to do with linkedRefs - at least, that's the impression I got from studying the Generic Kill scripts.

Well, from what I'm aware, you can make static objects unstatic using blender, I think thats how you pick up skeletons, not sure if it's the same thing with the alien corpse... I shall download the mod and have a look in the scripts though, thank you :) I'm probably trying something a few levels above my head at the moment, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try :)