Item scripting

Lehcar

How do you script an item so it doesn't appear until a certain quest is completed?

I'm building my own Dark Brotherhood temple, with a large sprawling crypt for dead brothers and sisters, and I want to have a tomb for Lucien Lachance, Ungolim, and certain other DB members, but obviously I don't want their tombs to appear in the crypt until the appropriate quests have been completed.. how do I accomplish this?

Somehow Bethesda did it with Llathasa's tomb (it doesn't appear in the Cheydinhal church undercroft until the related Thieves Guild quest is started) but I can't figure out how to copy what they did with the script.

For the item to only appear at a certain stage in a quest, you need to disable that item first and then enable it when the conditions of the quest have been met.

The item is still there, it's just not rendered in the game untill enabled.

I will call Luciens Tomb LTombRef, and Ungolims Tomb UTombRef. And lets say the quest stage is 100 for the tombs to appear.

And I will call the quest aaaUndead.

scn aaaTombScript

short enable

begin gamemode

if getstage aaaUndead < 100 && enable == 0

LTombRef.disable

UTombRef.disable

set enable to 1

endif

if enable == 1 && getstage aaaUndead >= 100

LTombRef.enable

UTombRef.enable

set enable to 2

endif

end

And that's it.......I would use a quest script and not an object script, but you can do both i suppose.

I cannot answer your second question sorry, except to say happy hunting :)