ATI Catalyst 10.9 Nifskope crash

Moire

Hi

I know this is not really about Oblivion but that's the only thing I use nifskope for and I have to register to post it elsewhere so I will try here instead. If you have an ATI card and use nifskope regularly you might have noticed that if you have the new drivers, either 10.8 or 10.9, it crashes when you click the render window? This is very annoying because I have to use an old driver to work around it. Is there any solution to this?

No, it's still crashing but I can rotate the models if I click outside. It's when I click them it crashes.

Hi

I know this is not really about Oblivion but that's the only thing I use nifskope for and I have to register to post it elsewhere so I will try here instead. If you have an ATI card and use nifskope regularly you might have noticed that if you have the new drivers, either 10.8 or 10.9, it crashes when you click the render window? This is very annoying because I have to use an old driver to work around it. Is there any solution to this?

Was having the same problem -- to fix it - at the top tool bar go to RENDER- Rendering tab and at the bottom left uncheck the Anti Aliasing and Shaders boxes -- Once I did that the crashing stopped so I guess it is having a problem rendering one of those !

EDIT : Just checked and it works OK still with the AA checked but checking the Shaders box makes it crash !! so just leave shaders unchecked and it will not crash !

That didn't help sadly and I'm using the latest version of Nifskope. I tried disabling everything in that box but it still crashes. Actually I need 10.9 to have AA in the game so I guess I have to live without nifskope for now. :(

Edit: I discovered that it works if I disable Catalyst Control centre. I had set antialiasing there, which made the program crash.