I suck at Skyrim?

sophiaholder

Okay so I had skyrim for the xbox a while ago and I was amazing at it, so I was super excited when I got it for the PC. I modded it a bit and then started playing with an xbox controller, but it was much harder than I remembered. The camera is what gets me (like moving it around and stuff) while I am in battle and crap. I don't remember it being like this. Could some of you give me tips? My skyrim is also a bit laggy so that might also be the case.

Apparently, the interface works well on the PC if you are used to using a controller, but I personally much prefer using a keyboard and mouse and for that SkyUI is probably the single most important mod that has ever been created in the history of modding.

I do tend to play in first person as well, though, so when I move the mouse, where I look is where I go and I have never had any problem with it, and I use left mouse for Forward Movement and Right Mouse for Main Weapon and ALT for Secondary Weapon/Shield/Block/Dual Casting Spells etc.

You may also need to tweak the camera sensitivity settings, depending on what problem you actually have with it.

You should probably get the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and those for any DLC you have as well.

~

I use the 360 controller for pc wo problems. I've also played on xbox. Feels much the same to me. Since you are exp lag, you may want to assess your rig's resources and its ability to handle skyrim and the added mods you've installed. Was skyrim running well before you installed mods? You may need to tweek the sensitivity of your controller. Check setting/sensitivity in-game.