Mod team needed.

TurtlePoacher2

I recommend not pulling the whole 'contact me on Skype, I'm not sharing the story with you' thing. I understand you perhaps might not want someone to steal your idea, but as lofgren put so well:

There is a large quantity of ideas and creativity in this community. It's VERY unlikely someone will steal your idea. They have plenty of their own. ;)

Now, this is why it's a bad idea to do this:

- Some people don't like Skype. Some people just don't care to go through the extra effort of contacting you there when they'd prefer to just post in this thread or PM you here. It's much easier for them. Thus, the Skype thing makes you and joining the team less accessible, and thus you're less likely to get team members.

- If people don't know your idea, they don't have the slightest idea if they'd be interested in it.

Now, you say that the actors and worldspace are still WIP. But you've shown nothing that they've been worked on - and while I don't necessarily think that you are just going to have somebody do all the work for you to create what you have (just ideas), since you don't seem that way, people in this community see that all the time.

Show that you'll be doing some actual work, and if you've done stuff, show it off. People may be more likely to actually join you.

EDIT: Also, on reading a book triggering a quest, that's called scripting.

There aren't a whole lot of scripters out there currently, so while you may find one, I recommend you try to figure out the basics at least. Here's a tutorial:

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Papyrus_Hello_World

And that particular script would look like this:

Scriptname SetStageOnBookRead Extends ObjectReference

Quest Property QuestToSetStageOn Auto

Event OnRead()

QuestToSetStageOn.SetStage(insertStageNumberHere)

EndEvent
Once you've read that tutorial, you should understand how to hook up the quest property. If you've designed the quest you should know the number to put in those parentheses. And when you get around to using that script, you should replace the Scriptname with the one you actually put in using [New Script], and know how to put it on the book in the first place.

It would extend ReferenceAlias if you had it on a quest alias, which you can learn about in this set of tutorials on quest design:

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Planning_the_Quest

Edited by Matthiaswagg

I recommend not pulling the whole 'contact me on Skype, I'm not sharing the story with you' thing. I understand you perhaps might not want someone to steal your idea, but as lofgren put so well:

There is a large quantity of ideas and creativity in this community. It's VERY unlikely someone will steal your idea. They have plenty of their own. :wink:

Now, this is why it's a bad idea to do this:

- Some people don't like Skype. Some people just don't care to go through the extra effort of contacting you there when they'd prefer to just post in this thread or PM you here. It's much easier for them. Thus, the Skype thing makes you and joining the team less accessible, and thus you're less likely to get team members.

- If people don't know your idea, they don't have the slightest idea if they'd be interested in it.

Now, you say that the actors and worldspace are still WIP. But you've shown nothing that they've been worked on - and while I don't necessarily think that you are just going to have somebody do all the work for you to create what you have (just ideas), since you don't seem that way, people in this community see that all the time.

Show that you'll be doing some actual work, and if you've done stuff, show it off. People may be more likely to actually join you.

EDIT: Also, on reading a book triggering a quest, that's called scripting.

There aren't a whole lot of scripters out there currently, so while you may find one, I recommend you try to figure out the basics at least. Here's a tutorial:

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Papyrus_Hello_World

And that particular script would look like this:

Scriptname SetStageOnBookRead Extends ObjectReference

Quest Property QuestToSetStageOn Auto

Event OnRead()

QuestToSetStageOn.SetStage(insertStageNumberHere)

EndEvent
Once you've read that tutorial, you should understand how to hook up the quest property. If you've designed the quest you should know the number to put in those parentheses. And when you get around to using that script, you should replace the Scriptname with the one you actually put in using [New Script], and know how to put it on the book in the first place.

It would extend ReferenceAlias if you had it on a quest alias, which you can learn about in this set of tutorials on quest design:

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Planning_the_Quest

Thank you for the insight. :laugh: I'm going to edit the post then to add information and I'll show off some screenshots of the stuff already done.

• 3 months later...