DA vs Oblivion

Lehcar

I hate to say this but frankly I got bored of Dragon Age because playing through the same story again and again with almost no variety got terribly repetitive.

IMO Oblivion is still better. The open ended gameplay, wide open sandbox world, awesome storylines that completely divert away from the "main" quest (which isn't shoved down your throat anywhere near as much as in DA), and how ludicrously easy it is to build and modify just about everything in the game (and the endless modding possibilites) still places it on top.

DA was great, don't get me wrong. Being one of the newer games and all, the graphics were really nice, and that's always very good. The characters were a lot more developed and "alive" then in Oblivion, which added a lot of immersion to the story. But the thing that bothered me the most is you're pretty much forced to play the exact same story over and over again with almost no alternative ways to play. You're forced to join the Wardens, forced to do the same set of quests over time and again, namely running around busting your ass off just to convince these different groups of people to help you fight off a horde of apocalyptic monsters that's extremely close to slaughtering them all. And the fact that the modding utility provided by Bioware was very shaky and unstable, wasn't very user friendly and had a lot of limitations certainly didn't help (building new areas to explore was so complicated it was next to night impossible imo).

Well, for what it's worth, I say it's damn hard to pick them apart, and that you may aswell try them both.

Oblivion has fantastic modding potential, a fantastic community, and boundless freedom. it also has a flawed story, limited scope, and the vanilla version, while excellent, is the weaker vanilla game. It's the stronger of the two for mods by an order of magnitude-Bethesda traded off storyline to make a modders playground, and that's how I'll remember this.

DA has a hugely strong storyline, much better characters, and an emphasis on story, world, and character quality that realy pulls it together. It's much stronger as a vanilla game, hell, it's bloody excellent as a vanilla game, but it's got less modding potential due to it trading off freedom for story focus.

Which is better? they're both so good that doesnt matter.

But they're both superb RPGs and well worth playing, one will appeal to you more, but it's all prefference. Both are hall Of Fame material.