Help with mark/recall-like portal spell

MattiasOfTheMetal

So I've been workin on a new mod, but I'm not very good at scripting yet and I need some help.

My goal is to create a spell that when used, summons the Oblivion Magic Gate [floating looking ayleid door] which is connected to MyRealm [a new worldspace]

-when player is not in MyRealm, using the spell will summon the Gateway to the new player position.

-When player IS in MyRealm, spell will not summon a gateway, but instead open a huge gate from the Random Oblivion Plane 2 with the 4 Huge ruined Gates. I.e. Eruption, landslide, tsunami, & tornado.

So far I've gotten my spell to summon a portal, but only once before I have to completely reload the game to resummon it. I can't just load a new save file for the spell to work. If I go through the gateway, I am transported to MyRealm, but if I go back through the door its connected to, it teleports me to where I have the summonable door in the cell, rather then where I summoned it in Tamriel.

I even tried making it so it would alternate between two doors to summon to the regular world. Still no luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scn ADoor

reference Aportal

ref MyRealm

ref Ahugegate

ref ActivateGreatGate

ref Aaportal

ref aaportal2

short var1

short var2

begin gamemode

if player == myrealm

set var1 to 0

endif player.pos != myrealm

set var1 to 1

if var1 == 1 && var2 == 0

aaportal.moveto player

aaportal2.moveto myrealm

set var2 to 1

endif var1 == 1 && var2 == 1

aaportal2.moveto player

aaportal.moveto myrealm

set var2 to 0

end

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I could get some help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I've already tried getting a general idea from the "MyPersonalOblivion" mod from Brian Johnson, but it seemed the one script I needed was missing from my download, I tried redownloading, and still nothing.

I've also looked into several mark and recall spells, yet still no luck.

Are you sure you have posted your script correctly? If you have, then that's one messed up script. I am surprised you even got it to save if it is :confused:

if player == myrealm <------- What's that?

endif player.pos != myrealm <------ and that?

endif var1 == 1 && var2 == 1 <------- and that?

Please post you script correctly, then more sense might be made of it.

The problem with summoning doors is that the door gets moved, but the teleport marker doesn't. One possible fix would be to make the door an activator and use the MoveTo command to simulate the normal door function, although companions would not follow you through it.