my next build(revised)

as said above this is the revised vertion of my next build

LG Blu-Ray COMBO Drive LightScribe Retail box

Western Digital Black Edition 1TB 64M Cache 3.5 inch SATA3 HDD

gigiabite 890FXA-UD7(it is a GIGABYTE XL-ATX)

CoolerMaster Haf X(the flagship of the Haf series link to sight here side fan replaced with a red one.... top 200's being changed out for a 360mm raidiator , the back 140 being changed out for a red one also(Evercool 140mm Red Scorpion ), dolly weels = yes)

Corsair HX 850 w powersupply

Corsair 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC3-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3 RAM time two(yes im going to have 8 gig of ram, i always like to have the pc that im useing to at least have half of what the moutherbord can handle)

for cooling img going to have a costom liquid cooling rig(havent decided on pats please provide help/ suggestions with this)

Gpu is definatly going to be ATI and more than one( moutherbord supports quad at x8+x8+x8+x8 , tri at x16+ x8 + x8, dewl at x16+ X16 and of cause single at x16)

for the chipset im opting for the AMD SIX-CORE 1055T AM3 CPU or a AMD bulldoser core(8 core processcor)

Quite honestly anymore than 2 graphics cards is a waste of money. You could easily run two 5850's or 5870's and run any game out there maxed out. Now if you are building a bench mark machine then thats a different story. Also note that ATI is planing on releasing their new 6000 series later this year if you want to wait.

Wow Nice build, i had no idea they where adding a 8core Cpu soon wow.. Can't wait but i just got myself the amd Phenom 6 core at 3.2ghz :wallbash: . They say its going to am3 again yay, wont need to upgrade. They sure bring them out fast.

http://hardwarenews-bg.blogspot.com/2010/01/amd-8-core-processor-in-2011.html

also

Actually crossfire does make a huge difference in fps, I went sli and i noticed the fps difference a lot, and you would notice the gpu's wont work as hard either..

Also runs 3 to 4 degrees difference between going sli and not.

It looks an interesting build, though there would be three things I would note. It's clear you want all out power but honestly at the end of the day I think you're throwing money at something that will naturally become outdated in 6 months.

1) CPU - Whilst you could easily wait for the Bulldozer's to come out, you would be better off getting the 1055T as at the end of the day you wouldn't notice any difference in gaming, plus the 1055T has serious overclocking potential (even on third-party air-cooling), so if you need more power you could always overclock in the future. But untill people start optimising their game-engines to be more efficient in supporting multi-core CPU's, it's pointless throwing money at tech you won't use to its full potential and will just be outdated in 6 months.

2) GPU's - To be perfectly honest you won't ever 'need' more than a single high-end GPU in your system, I think you're just wasting money here. Whilst I personally would opt for an SLi compatible motherboard rather than ATI's Crossfire as Nvidia offer superior all-around GPU's, I would note that you will need a far more powerful PSU if you're thinking of doing something silly like quad/tri-crossfiring high-end GPU's. There's no question that ATi Crossfire or SLi offers superior performence to a single GPU however you may be better off getting a single high-end GPU now and upgrading to cross-fire when neccessary in the future ;)

3) HDD - The SATA 3 (6Gb/sec) on HDD's is more or less a marketing gimmick, no HDD can make use of the SATA 2 (3GB/sec) bandwidth... SATA 3 is aimed more or less at SSD's which operate far faster. You would be better off going with the Western Digital Cavier Green WD10EARS, it's cheaper and offers the same performence.