Furry Race Mods

Sawducum

Yea, yea. Generic furfags comments are pre-acknowledged. Move along if you're not willing to help.

But the general point is that the furry race mods aspect is seriously lacking.

Theres a StarFox mod, sure, but thats not exactly furry in general.

What I mean is to create a new race design, that makes different species. A few basic ones to start with. Fox, wolf, badger, dragon, etc. The ones that will cover most people's fursonas. The thing that would make this able to work, is the ability to recolor the fur, and stuff like that. I figure that if you make a dynamic texture (recolorable in the player creator) and a set texture for users to modify in photoshop (face it, we ALL have it), everyone should be covered with a bit of time and skill.

In addition to the texture part, reformable heads are a must to turn fox into dingo. Badger into raccoon. Wolf into dog. etc. Eyes are pretty easy to find one you can use, or take and edit in photoshop.

This will not be a small mod, and I know that. But I think that if enough of the furry community pitch in, it will get done, and furries can go shoot hookers in Vegas. Or run around DC and the mod will be ported to work with New Vegas.

If you are a furry, post this on FA, twitter, facebook, LJ, anywhere you use. Someone is bound to find this that will be able to do this.

It's an interesting idea, indeed. I can't really lend much of a hand, since I still don't quite dare experiment with meshes and the like. Also, I believe there's some skeleton-issues; it's almost impossible to alter from what I've gathered. Which is a shame, since it pretty much means no hooves or similar things for us. :dry:

It's not impossible, however. The mod presented above is evidence to that. I'm sure more will come along, but a unified project would probably be the best approach. Once more, there's not much I can do beyond having an interest in it. I could maybe help in putting together a backstory (Like, say, Project Moreau; a pre-war US Army project to create a new human-animal species to be made into special purpose soldiers) and the locations thereof. But I'm sure the will is there.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...