Am I allowed to...

ShadowTek

@nivea,

I would like to apologize if I annoyed you and it was certainly not my intention to inquire about your personal life like that, I just don't like donations or any kind of money related things towards modding and I was merely trying to make a statement.

But I still have my fear that things like this might evolve in the future and it will become a completely different beast.

Modding games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim is awesome because its something people do in their free time and it involves no money, so people share their assets and their knowledge with each other and everything is open so that even newbies can come in and start learning the modding tricks as well.

This is what I love about the modding community and I hope it stays like that forever.

@the rest about navmeshes:

Ive got this small tutorial explaining how I work with exterior navmeshes on my mods forum pages:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59558/?tab=5&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D59558%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2244109&pUp=1

Edited by Guest

@nivea,

I would like to apologize if I annoyed you and it was certainly not my intention to inquire about your personal life like that, I just don't like donations or any kind of money related things towards modding and I was merely trying to make a statement.

But I still have my fear that things like this might evolve in the future and it will become a completely different beast.

Modding games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim is awesome because its something people do in their free time and it involves no money, so people share their assets and their knowledge with each other and everything is open so that even newbies can come in and start learning the modding tricks as well.

This is what I love about the modding community and I hope it stays like that forever.

@the rest about navmeshes:

Ive got this small tutorial explaining how I work with exterior navmeshes on my mods forum pages:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59558/?tab=5&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D59558%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2244109&pUp=1

No worries you didnt upset me at all, I share what I want about myself and I feel comfy enough telling people where any donations I got went. :)

I feel like donations are not what you should be worried about, what you should be worried about is Steam Workshop. They are allowed to take a mod and SELL it for real money and a proceed of that goes to the modder, this has encouraged people to steal mods from Nexus and even items from other games to get high votes. They sold some mods bundle (thankfully not Skyrim) and it contained copyrighted material from other games in it, talk about Steam almost getting caught with their pants down luckly they where told by other modders that is was all STOLEN.

I believe that is what the real worry should be not some small amount of modders making 20-1,000$ once, but places like Steam who are trying to actually get modders to make their content and put it on their site in the hopes of selling it to make money.

Gosh, that's a tedious way. I suppose it works for 1-2 navmeshes but not when you've got more than that. It is much easier to script it in TES5Edit and just do it automagically...

Gosh, that's a tedious way

Well its easier than it looks, its basically "look for the double layers and drop them down", Ive done it for multiple cells and it doesn't take too much time to do once you understand the process.

As for doing it with a script in TES5EDIT, Ive got no idea how that works.

Hello, Locaster has given me control the mod. (He is a really great guy) You can see this on the description page:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16374/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D16374%26preview%3D&pUp=1

I'm not new to modding this mod as I used to work on it allot with him.

He managed to get my name on as an author but we are waiting for an Admins assistance because we can't seem to get the admin page (to edit the file and description etc) to show up for me.

For now I'm going to see if I can get all the bugs ironed out myself. If I get stuck, I'll ask for help in the proper thread because I love ths mod and think it should be perfect.

Just posting this as a follow up as to why I started this thread.

Gosh, that's a tedious way

Well its easier than it looks, its basically "look for the double layers and drop them down", Ive done it for multiple cells and it doesn't take too much time to do once you understand the process.

As for doing it with a script in TES5EDIT, Ive got no idea how that works.

You have to script it.

unit UserScript;
var
UndeletedCount: integer;
function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
var
vertices, v, f, entry: IInterface;
navi, nvmis, nvmi: IInterface;
i: integer;
begin
Result := 0;
if not GetIsDeleted(e) then
Exit;
if Signature(e) <> 'NAVM' then
Exit;
AddMessage('Undeleting: ' + Name(e));
f := GetFile(e);
if not Assigned(f) then
Exit;
navi := GroupBySignature(f, 'NAVI');
if not Assigned(navi) then begin
AddMessage('No NAVI group found');
Exit;
end;
if ElementCount(navi) = 1 then begin
navi := ElementByIndex(navi, 0);
navi := Master(navi);
end else begin
AddMessage('NAVI group must have 1 record');
Exit;
end;
if not Assigned(navi) then begin
AddMessage('No master NAVI record found');
Exit;
end;
nvmis := ElementByName(navi, 'Navigation Map Infos');
if not Assigned(nvmis) then
Exit;
for i := 0 to ElementCount(nvmis) - 1 do begin
entry := ElementByIndex(nvmis, i);
if GetElementNativeValues(entry, 'Navigation Mesh') = FormID(e) then begin
nvmi := entry;
Break;
end;
end;
if Assigned(nvmi) then begin
AddMessage('Found NVMI subrecord in NAVI');
end;
SetIsDeleted(e, True);
SetIsDeleted(e, False);
SetIsInitiallyDisabled(e, True);
vertices := ElementByPath(e, 'NVNM - Geometry\Vertices');
for i := 0 to ElementCount(vertices) - 1 do
SetElementNativeValues(ElementByIndex(vertices, v), 'Z', -30000);
Inc(UndeletedCount);
end;
function Finalize: integer;
begin
AddMessage('Undeleted navmeshes: ' + IntToStr(UndeletedCount));
end;
end.

Use it by right-clicking the worldspace you want to use it on and select Apply Script and choose it from the list. Just save it as something like UndeleteNavmesh.pas in the directory Edit Scripts in your TES5Edit dir.

Be vary though, it uses A LOT of memory so you want to break up your work or TES5Edit will run out of memory of you have a lot of cells to run it on.