Adding a spell to a merchant

Moire

I feel a bit noob for asking this but since it doesn't work I had to. I made a spell in the CS and added it to a merchant but it doesn't appear in his spellist. I even tried loading the mod after my bashed patch but still no result. What do I have to do to make him sell it? I just need a legit way of adding it to my char without using the console so if you have another suggestion I'd still be happy.

Roaming I think. I tried with both Arathor in the mages guild of Chorrol and Calindil in IC but it didn't appear on their lists.

With a roaming merchant, his/her wares will not appear if he/she is outside of his 'container' cell, ie. the cell in which the chest containing the goodies is placed in the CS.

For static merchants like Calindil, you should create your own vendor container, place it in/under the SAME CELL that the owner is situated, and make him/her the owner.

Maybe you didn't read my first post carefully. I was trying to make a new SPELL. Can you place a spell inside a container? :wacko: A spell is not like an item you know

Eek! Now I'm the noob. Sorry, I don't know how I misinterpreted that. No, spells go in the Spell list. But you have to ensure that they are able to sell spells in their AI. If the stats are set to auto calc, the class will have to be a class that allows for selling spells, too.

Well, in this case both merchants are already selling spells and I added my spell to their spell lists but it didn't show up. Can something overwrite their npc data or do I have to wait until they reset their inventory?

That may well be the case. Try waiting for at least 72 hours, or alternatively try starting a new game.

Thanks, I will try that and see if it's there

• 10 years later...

Well, in this case both merchants are already selling spells and I added my spell to their spell lists but it didn't show up. Can something overwrite their npc data or do I have to wait until they reset their inventory?

Only by new game, as I've tested here.

If anyone knows otherwise it would be nice!