Start menu dissapeared!

Knightsabez

I have been playing through oblivion with a couple of mods installed, and 20 hours in the game, the menu dissapears, i can hear that the buttons are there, but i cant see them.

I did some research, and found out that it's the OBGE mods that are causing problems. I also found out that regenerating the INI would help, but i cant figure it out. I have tried deleting the whole file and deleting the content of the file, but it wont work. I also noticed that i only have the Oblivion_default.ini file, and not the Oblivion.ini file I read about. If someone can help me with regenerating the ini, so i can continue my playthrough, i would be happy :laugh:

I have the steam GOTY version if that matters. And i also read that if I have Darnified UI installed, i would have to do something about that after i regenerated the ini file :)

Mod list:
Quarls Texture pack
Archery Rebalance
Let there be darkness
Droppable lit torches
Unofficial patches for oblivion and shivering isles
Unofficial compability patch for Quarls texture pack
Natural Environments
Liquid Water
Obge
Script extender
Wyrebash
Darnified UI
Better signs
Sounds of Ciradiil

Never touch Oblivion_default.ini ... that's the file that the game uses when it needs to regenerate a new Oblivion.ini (which is located in Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion). Just rename the Oblivion.ini found there to Oblivionini.bak and then start the game. It will build a new Oblivion.ini after detecting your hardware, but often it can't recognize hardware that wasn't even dreamed of the last time the game was updated so you'll need to reset your screen resolution etc.

The folder path that I mentioned in my previous post is also the same one as where your game's saves are ... Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves is where your saves are and one folder level up from the Saves folder is where your Oblivion.ini will be.

Now if you happen to be running on Windows XP it will be slightly different ... Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.

In either case (WinXP or Win 7/8/8.1 or Vista) these folders aren't in the same location as your game's folders (i.e. not in Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion or the Steam equivalent starting in SteamApps or something like that ... don't use Steam so can't give you the exact folder path for it). These will be in the same location as you find My Documents (WinXP) or Documents (all the more recent Windows versions).

Turn off anti aliasing on the settings of your game and see if it works, that happened to me too. It is a bug with OBGE. You can find the explanation about it in their FAQ. If you want, you can enable the anti aliasing through your graphics card and it will work, you just need it disabled on the program itself. There ya go