Whats your favourite mods?

Eltath

Hello everyone!,

I recently re-installed Oblivion, and I am looking for some good mods to maximise my time with the game.

So what are your favourite mods? (no Adult ones please)

Or would you prefer to give your full mod list.

Fire away.....

Eltath

I love talking mods, it's been a long time since I've been able to do so. There are so many favorites, this may be a slightly longer list than you wanted. But one can never have too many mods, am I right? :D

Mandatory

-Unofficial Oblivion Patch

-Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplement

-Oblivion Script Extender

Almost Mandatory:

-Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

-Alternative Start by Ship

-Better Cities

-Companion Share and Recruit

-DarkUI'd Darn

-Deadly Reflex

-Keychain

-Natural Environments

-Real Lava

-Reznod's Mannequins

-Unique Landscapes Compilation (there's also an OMOD of all of the patches for these mods - they install automatically and I recommend that too)

Like Great Textures and Better Meshes?

-Qarl's Texture Pack III (get the patch to make it play nice with the UOP)

-Alluring Potion Bottles

-Alluring Wine Bottles

-High Resolution Book Jackets

-Imperial Bank (comes with an excellent gold retexture I recommend)

-Improved Horses

-Landscape LOD Textures Replacement

-Loading Screens Themed Replacers (there's quite a few, with compatibility for DarkUI'd Darn, OOO, and add-ons for several of the mods listed)

-Darker Regal Imperial City

-Merged Maps

-LOD Noise Replacer

New Quests and New Lands

-Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina

-Kvatch Rebuilt

-Dragon Captions' The Elder Council

-Stirk

-The Lost Spires

Got Any DLC?

-Colored Shivering Isles World Map

-High Resolution Book Jackets SI

-Bomret's Texture Pack SI

-Battlehorn Castle Enhanced (Fighter's Stronghold)

-Frostcrag Reborn (Wizard's Tower)

New Guild Stuff

-A Brotherhood Renewed (Dark Brotherhood)

-Theives Guild HQ Unhealthy Competition (Thieves Guild)

-Origin of the Mages Guild (Mages Guild)

Other Stuff I Recommend

-Animated Window Lighting System

-More Than Almost Everything Visible When Distant (get the Lite version if you want your computer to live)

-Clocks of Cyrodiil

That was a much longer list than I had anticipated. I had intended to hyperlink them all, but that was beginning to seem ridiculous. Search them all on the Nexus, you'll find them. Except for the MTAEVWD mod, I believe you can find that on Planet Elder Scrolls. Also, Lost Spires has it's own website. Oh, and Improved Horses is on AlienSlof's site, if you want that. I hope my absurd list is helpful, and good luck with your modding!

-Triforce1

--EDIT--

It occurs to me that I forgot utilities! I figured I might mention them, as they make installing a ton of mods fairly easy and painless. You're probably already familiar with these, but I'll mention them for posterity. :)

-Better Oblivion Sorting Software

-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!

-Oblivion Mod Manager

-The Elder Scrolls LOD Generator

-Operation Optimization

-Streamline

Everything has mostly been said. But can't forget the body mods. Female: TGND or normal HGEC (depending on how fanciful you want to go - real/fantasy). Male: Roberts (is there any other? :P )

Triforce1 pretty much summed it up though.

While I don't agree with all of Triforce1's choices I think that list pretty much covers the few that I would put on my favorites list, except for two. As phforNZ notes -- body replacement mods to fix the horrid bodies that are part of Vanilla Oblivion (especially the absurdity that is the female character made with a male body with boobs and a customizable female head :rolleyes: ). However, I do not agree with that choice for a female body. HGEC is badly over-rated. It has known mesh problems and, compared to the body, itself, the limbs are thin and spindly. I used to use it until I discovered that Robert also created a female body as nicely done as his male bodies. You only get one -- average build and average breasts, but that's what I was playing when I was using HGEC, anyway, and there are some modders who are supporting Robert's bodies, both male and female (including AlienSlof, who creates for them, exclusively).

The other essential mod, for me, is Whispered Warning, which gives the player the ability to make the "right" decision regarding the "cleansing" of the Cheydinhal Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, rather than being forced into a contrived story line by an intentional act of malice aforethought by the Bethesda developers, even if you know you're doing the wrong thing.

I have to say that Oblivion without OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) or Cobl (Common Oblivion) just doesn't make sense any more. There are so many mods that use one, or even both, of these two resources that they really are "must haves" even before you start installing any other mods. I especially like the Cobl Races (balanced) for the way it rebalances racial abilities, although that's an optional package.

Thanks for the awesome reply TriForce1,

Some Awesome mods there!

So does anyone else have anymore..?

I would add Elys' Universal Silent Voice to the absolute essentials, and Thievery in the Imperial City and JQ's Assassin Quests for the sheer fun of it.

I also like the house customization/decorating mods like:

Imperial Furniture

Specialty Containers

Decorator Assistant

AutoBook Placer

so I can personalize even the vanilla houses.

I have something to the already quite nice list to add.

-Quarls Texture Pack 3 Redimized + Lighter/Regular (looks the almost same,

but frees +256MB Video Ram)

-Streamline 3.1

-Oblivion Stutter Remover

-Let the People Drink (ties into Better Cities)

-RAEVWD (imho this is the best visible when distant LOD package)

Requirements: OBSE, COBL, OBMM and TES4LODGEN.

+

More texture replacers to make your game look better: Improved Signs/Trees and Flora/Amulet and Rings/Fruits Vegetables and Meat.

Always make an Omod with OBMM before installing, to be on the safe side.

Do you have more then 2GB Ram? Use the 4GB Patch.

Otherwise: Midas for a better magic experience.

Thieves Arsenal (shoot out lights and much more) aswell as Poison Arrows together with Vaults of Cyrodill,

which ties into Better Cities.

^^