PC gaming vs PS3/console gaming with shooters

1chiYamamoto

Seeing as how the closest thing to PC shooters was the marksman skill in the Elder Scrolls,

is there a major difference in controls and gaming in Fallout? I'm planning on getting

Fallout: New Vegas for PC because of the mods, but all my shooting games have been

on the consoles. How similar are controls between Fallout and TES for PC?

I don't know, just seems weird getting a shooter for PC.

Also, do y'all use controllers for PC or keyboard?

most people use a keyboard. I have a lot of shooters for both PC and the PS2 (same idea) and I prefer the computer feel. The controls of FO3 are almost identical to that of Oblivion and Morrowind, difference is that 'E' is activate and spacebar is jump. Oh and for guns right click steadies the gun (and consequently slows you down) otherwise extremely similar in control layout you'll find it's a very smooth transition.

In PC games you can almost always redefine the controls to the keyset you prefer, rather than being forced to use certain buttons and combos for specific commands. You can even use a controller for the PC if you want to, but I'm not sure how. The two games themselves basically handle the same way as well.

Imo shooters were never supposed to be on consoles. The only good thing about a controller in a FPS is maybe for driving a vehicle or something. Aiming around with a controller makes you feel like some kind of a robot.

I've never played on consoles though I've just seen a how others play.

In any case, keyboard + mouse + PC FTW. I'm never getting a console.

I remember reading an article earlier this year where Microsoft decided to take on the fanboys of both PC and console and let them fight it out one on one on a multiplayer. The PC players blew the console players out. Even when they pitted a mediocre PC player against an expert console player the PC player usually won.

The conclusion was the PC - with mouse & Keyboard gives better fine control than the console controller.

I did a google search, and I found the article: http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

It's mostly a matter of personal preference. Some people like the console experience better than the experience on the PC.

My gaming divides pretty equally between consoles and the PC.

The thing I like about consoles is that they make gaming much more relaxing. It's totally different to take a controller and lay on your couch while you play, than sit awkwardly on an uncomfortable chair, where it's hard to get a proper position (That's what it is for me, at least...). Plus you get to play with your friends.

I first had Oblivion for Xbox360, but later bought it for PC because of mods. I also have Borderlands for PC, because I can play online for free. Otherwise, I prefer shooters on Xbox.

RPG's like Fallout, Planescape: Torment, RTS -games, etc. belong to PC, though. I bet it would be horrible to play games like that on consoles.

Anyways, it's just like bben46 said, it's a matter of taste...

For me it depends if I can mod the game...

Like with Fallout, Oblivion, Minecraft, GTA4 etc I were modding quite happily on pc.

If its for gaming only like Cod games, guitar hero and console exclusives like Resistance and Killzone then I go for ps3 console =]

I hated Fallout for my 360 mostly because the controls were rubbish, i had to use vats or i wouldn't hit anything -.-

Don't get me wrong, I can play 360 shooters, but unfortunatly, Fallout 3 just wasn't very well handled in the console controls department.

This issue has happened before with titles like Deus EX for the Playstation 2 and Deus EX2 for the XBox.