New Team Fortress 2 stuff!

Salamander8

I'm sure we have at least some TF2 players here, and I'm a big fan of the game. Even though the new Polygon pack adds a micro-transaction store I'm not fond of, it did add some great new items, including:

http://www.freefrag.com/newitems/pack_final_graphic2.jpg

That's right, among the new Scout gear, they give you a melee fish! Greatest weapon ever!

Some of the new pay money for a hat or for paint ideas I really dislike but the other new droppable/craftable items are pretty cool, but none as cool as the fish! If I get a name tag to drop, which let's you rename items, I need to name my fish someday. :wink:

the new items are pretty cool :) I like the alligator hat for the Sniper lol

I'm just really upset that they made that Mann Co store...really dumb idea. Real money for video game items...$40 for the sets or something crazy. How can a set cost more than the game itself? I was figuring when they did the store...that you would gain points from your HL Stats and use those to "purchase" the items. The trading is kinda lame too...people are scamming like they used to on Diablo II....fun stuff....:rolleyes:

I don't play it very often...this has kinda made me not want to play it anymore. It's a dang FPS and they turning it into some kind of RPG with all this trading, sets, etc. It's nice that they add new stuff to change it up a bit, but it's getting out of hand to me.

Edited by Illiad86

I strongly dislike the store. I don't like the whole micro-transaction model anywhere, although I am guilty of using it in CoH/CoX a bit. The trading spam in most servers reminds me of the various MMOs I've played, but more and more servers are telling people to shut up and play, you can trade somewhere else.

I have played a lot of TF2 since I was in the beta in 07, I have over 500 hours on the game since launch as it's easy to jump into, and you can play in small chunks while doing other things easily. And it's fun to just blow stuff up like crazy!

I've successfully destroyed at least half-a-dozen sentry guns with my fish, and nothing beats the feeling of killing a heavy with nothing but your fish. I had a medic uber me and of course I pulled out my fish and went crazy, I finally got the "Doctoring the Ball" achievement thanks to that.

I do like the trade system overall. I was able to get a Vita-Saw last night by trading away the white paint I got out of a crate. I just wish people would play the game when they are on an actual game server and not spam chat like Orgrimmar.