Nif Help

rad666a

Ok, I know how to remove all Havok from a Nif to make it a completely static object, however, they only way I know how to do it makes to object useless as an Activator.

My question is this: How do I remove enough of the Havok to make the object static, but leave enough that it can be used as an Activator?

Ok, I know how to remove all Havok from a Nif to make it a completely static object, however, they only way I know how to do it makes to object useless as an Activator.

My question is this: How do I remove enough of the Havok to make the object static, but leave enough that it can be used as an Activator?

What you want to do then is actually change the havok, not remove it. If you remove it completely, you won't be able to interact with it at all.

To change a .nif from movable to static, take the following steps:

- Open the .nif you wish to change

- Go to the BhkRigidBody Node ( under the bhkCollisionObject tree )

- in the block details find and change the following :

- Layer ( change to OL_STATIC )

- Layer Copy ( change to OL_STATIC )

- Motion System ( change to MO_SYS_FIXED )

- Quality Type ( change to MO_QUAL_FIXED )

If you have Havok displayed, you should notice the collision shape has changed from Blue to Red in NifSkope, which signifies it is a static collision.

Save it as a new .nif and test in game to see if it fixed it correctly.

Or, to make it really simple...

In the bhkRigidBody block, set the Mass to 0.

With this method you simply render the object immovable without altering it in any other way.

-heavywaters

:blink: Wow. I've been doing it the hard way all this time... :wallbash:

or another very simple method;

install PyFFIand make this batch file/run in cmd line:

C:/python26/scripts/niftoaster.py modify_collisiontype -a static "C:\Path\To\Mesh(es)"

; modifying as needed the python path for your isntalation.

; teh valid type to set teh collision to via this method are: static, animstatic, clutter, terain, weapon, non_collidable

Pacific Morrowind