Trying to create an NPC in CS

GoldenBlossom

Hey y'all. I've been searching around for a thread that discusses this particular problem, but I couldn't find any. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

You see, I've been wanting to create a CM partner that I can use in screenshots, and because I have a specific appearance in mind (one of my old characters) I wanted to make a customized one. I ran into a stone wall right off the bat though, because when I tried to create the NPC in the CS I couldn't see the face. It showed up neither under the Face tab nor Face Advanced tab, and trying to Reset or Generate the face caused CS to crash. I checked a few other NPCs in CS, but I couldn't see their faces either.

My Oblivion is patched to the latest version, as is my Construction Set, and this seems to happen regardless of whether I have the CM files checked or not. Reading the respective guides to creating custom NPCs in the CM Partners ReadMe and the Elder Scrolls IV: Construction Set Wiki yielded nothing on this, so either I'm missing something very obvious or this is a rare issue. I hope I can get an answer here.

Grateful for any help

/ Zeus_II

From how I read your post, you are saying that you cannot see faces in the CS with ONLY oblivion.esm loaded, is this correct?

If you cannot see any faces with only Oblivion.esm loaded, then something is seriously wrong with your installation. Just out of curiosity, can you see faces in-game?

That did the trick! Since I always clicked the face tab right away I didn't notice that the 'full' preview option wasn't grayed out before I did. I'm seriously sick of Vista...

Anyway, thanks to Vyper for solving the mystery, and to Hick and Chuck for offering help. ^^ Kudos!