upcoming mod...

m3lisk

Well, I find that there isn't much space out there in Cyrodil that isn't either city or wilderness, and if there is, it's either a ruin, cave, bandit camp, etc. So rangers rejoice. I am currently making an Ultimate Ranger mod. And no, it is nothing like the complete ranger. The ultimate ranger will include a small settlement in Nibenay Cyrodil(thats the west side), which will have a tavern, a few houses, a stable, a smith, and a trading post, where you can sell furs, pelts, and teeth(those damn bears!!!!) for hieghtened prices. It will also include the Ranger class, and a Bosmer set-up, ideal for the ranger(I'm level 7, with 5 days passed, 84 skill increases, have ~$5000, using no cheats, and i played for about two and a half hours real-time). And as soon as i figure out scripting, quests will be in v2.0. Well, if you like this idea, any additional ideas will be helpful. It may be a week or two though, as i am working alone... and unexpected things may occur.

Feedback appreciated.

Hmmmmmmmmm that sounds interesting ^_^... I have a question tho, will you voice act the whole thing? Cuz if you do make sure you get talented voice artists! Its horrible to play a mod that has an 21's century american geek accent! Like this other mod I downloaded... :glare:. Make sure that the female NPC's are hot, because im sick of seying the so called elfes (wich are supposed to be stunning beatifull) look like my grand grand grand grandfather... As for another more inteligent idea :), if you played trough Neverwinter Nights platium edition (the one with the game + 1 expansion) they have a druid village somewhere (Huts in lots of trees by some forest streams) . I always though the landscape was nice, and since bosmers are nearly druids, well you could inspire yourself from there. Unless of course, you plan to make big houses and all, like an elven city in LOTR :D .

Edit: Didnt read you wanted to make a taver... oops... You could also make it look like the village in Fable, umm the one with the White Balverine

well, i wasn't planning on getting voice actors at all, seeing as it is only me. I was going to use dialogue from other sources in the game, and as far as the architecture goes, it was going to be more of a wooden cabin, hunter type, settlement. It will not be just bosmers, but imperials, altmers, and any other hunters. Just think of a hunting camp, but in the from of a small town.

Edit: That's pretty much the idea.

A geeky American voice bothers you more than the same voice on 50 NPCs? Noone can touch the voice active efforf of EQ2. Over 100 voice actors in that game. Althought not nearly the amount of NPCs that talk that Oblivion has.

im sorry to announce that the ultimate ranger has been canceled, and in it's place will the ultimate assassin. still in concept stage. all those who liked the idea of the ultimate ranger, it will come, just later...

ps- this change is due to tiberiu making me download rens beauty pack.

edit- w/e screw the hair, i said im gonna make the mod, and im gonna make it!

:dry:

ps- this change is due to tiberiu making me download rens beauty pack.

At least now your characters will look better :/ . Not my fault you fell in love with the mask :P , wich suddently gave you an urge to make an assassin...

lol, well, i have to decided to make the mod! I just worked for 4 and a half hours, and beta version(just exteriors, will be available) should be released tommorow. Remember, just beta, so nothing fancy... yet. I have to give miche credit, for she volunteered to do the interiors, and i will most likely move Robert Ross(klarre's mod) to the tavern when i am done. Oh, and i had to start over from scratch after it was done, because files got screwed up when i merged. Well, i will MOST likely have beta tommorow, as long as caffiene holds out... it is 9:44, and this stuff takes a while. Alright gotta go work, bye.

chances are no one will reply to all this, but this is more of a journal of the mod, don't worry, i'll make it worth your download time.

So thats what you where doing when you said you where busy... I was busy as well, with Paint Shop 7 Pro. I did some really nice stuff... Personal question m3lisk, can you retexture with this program? Its very much like Photoshop :)

Of course. Technically, you can retexture with MS-Pain(t) ©

If getting more technical, complicated and hairy, you could retexture with Notepad. ©

Should quit joking. I'm not good at it. (But, technically, it's true :) )

Yes, you can. But you would need to get a converter/plugin. Have you tried?

YAY! The caffiene held out. I will be uploading the beta as soon as this post is complete. Remember, this is beta, so there isn't any small details. It is just Exteriors, no NPCs, no horses, no misc rocks and ferns. Well, guess il go upload it.

Archived