tattoos

TheCalliton

It's just body art, the individual manifestation of a certain attitude to life. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes ugly.

Anyway, as long as my tattooed friends don't mutate to martial-looking Iroquois I love it cos I have one too...

a banana, what else?

Exactly.

In my cultural background body painting/tattoing is quite common.

But my advice to you Calliton is to use some Henna first to see what you would look like with you chosen tatoos.

Try before you imprint, my dad has a tatoo of his initials on his arm because when they were added, when he was 11, he didnt realise it was permanent ink :)

But yes, I personaly see them as laudible self expression. I really like seeing people modifie their outside to match the inside, and while as with any customisation you CAN mess up, the results can also likewise become truly specacular.

I myself have a few cultural tattoos, going down my right arm and the left side of my body in blue printed gaelic.

But Im myself thinking of extending the "snake" up to my face, it hurts like hell, but the results are spectacular. And besides, if you look like a Scots highlander warrior crossed with bikie, nobody will mess with you at LANs.

The only evil that comes into this is forcing somebody else to deny who they really are. Opressing people by sex, sexuality, age, race, religion, or what colour they like to paint cars is just as bad as forcing them to look a particular way.

It's not the place of others to decide what you look like Calliton. Luck and genetic defined you originaly looked like, but that doesnt mean it has to be what you always look like.

It's not their place. be who you are, and dont let anyone else try and persuade you that you are anything other than you.

Stereotypes are for the weak and idiotic.

Actions define a person, not what they look like.

It's who you are and what you do, not what you look like.

And those who segregate, divide, and opress people according to stereotype are the ones that are evil. Not to mention usuauly really stupid.

What sometimes feels like aq lifetime ago, I used to study medicine. We had a particular work coleague who was probably the most talented doctor I've ever seen. He was empathic, quick minded, and able to interprit symptoms with natural finesse. Patients loved him for how he treated them: bad doctors talk down to those they care for, really good doctors explain not only WHATS happening, but how and why. He was a fundamentaly naturaly talented doctor of exceptional skill.

However, he was also, fundamentaly, gay. That had absolutely no effect on his work life, that I saw anyway. However, our supervisor made his life hell, worked him double shifts, hardly paid him, and eventualy summarily sacked him one day for no listed reason.

That cost the job of the best doctor in the clinic. We also had a full 28 regular rpeople actualy stop comign after that-he had that many friends among the regular families. And all because he was gay. It's stupid, it's wrong, it's completely innapropriate, but that doesnt matter at all to the powers that be. The supervisor heard he was gay, assumed that made him some sort of monster, and in a panic, sacked him.

Judging by his actions, that doctor was a fundamnetaly good man: despite despicably bad work conditions he continued to provide healthcare to those that needed it. That is an example of a man judged by his actions and fiound honourable.

The supervisor was not hnourable. He was a weak evil little man obsessed with image and money, his failures cost a good man his job simply because of a trivial personal diference.