item id mod

ICERAY2000

A MOD that will allow a player to get the id number for all items in the game, from within the game. For example, what is the player.additem code for 6.5 Grendel ammo? Run it through the PIPboy?

Is this possible?

Thank You.

A MOD that will allow a player to get the id number for all items in the game, from within the game. For example, what is the player.additem code for 6.5 Grendel ammo? Run it through the PIPboy?

Is this possible?

Thank You.

no sadly not, the fallout script extender does not have functionality for one of the types of codes needed...i believe that would be arays. you need strings, points, and arays for a mod like this to work. there is a mod like this for oblivion though because that script extender has aray functionality. sorry but it just can't be done at this present time

,cheers

If you have the item in question you can use the showinventory command to get its id.

WOW - I'll try that soon! If that works, it will be a great solution - although, aren't there two numbers for every item? I know in Oblivion an ID in-game was not the same as the additem ID. I'll check it out - thanks!

player.showinventory :whistling:

As Homer Simpson says, "doh!" That makes sense! Thanks.

-edit -

That worked! Thank you very much, that is a great help to me, especially in securing rare ammo that is over-priced!

:thumbsup: