Problem with body mod (male only)

xENJAJVEx

The recommended method of archive invalidation is BSA Redirection, easily done using OBMM (Utilities -> Archive Invalidation -> BSA Redirection selected, Reset BSA Timestamps clicked if you use Steam and then Update Now) or Wrye Bash (Installers tab right click menu -> BSA Redirection). All older methods such as BSA Alteration are fraught with problems.

Problems solved. Finally. Invalidating the archives seemed to be the most effective in the beginning but now it's just a CTD in a box. I'll just use the redirection from now on anyway. Textures sorted themselves out once

I installed the OCO/Robert's body mod compatibility patches for a second time. I actually thought I had ran into another problem with the Altmer being too yellow and you could make them black/brown in the character creation

menu? But, I think that's normal. NPCs I hope will not be too yellow or too dark. I'm guessing it's just there for people who want that? :geek: I don't know. Again thanks for your help.

Here's hoping I don't come out of the Imperial prison sewers and right into the abyss. Wish me luck against Dagon! Hopefully, I won't get my ass handed to me. . . Then having to spend eternity under his hairy armpit . . .

By the way, xENJAJVEx, the Orcs in OCO are meant to be THAT dark-skinned. Well, not really, Nuska designed them to be a shade of green less radioactive than vanilla, but she had not taken into account the extreme Tone Slider settigs used by the developers on character creation. This, the Tone sliders, is what causes all these spectacular failures in matching bodies and faces.

Looks like the creator of the original egt files used by Nuska has discovered a way to minimize this, but for the time now, if you encounter an Orc that looks like has bathed in crude petrol, don't panic, it's normal. Same when you encounter NPCs (especially Altmer) with weird discolorations: it's not a bug or failure in OCO, it's the way the vanilla game has been designed.

I have solved this (in a fashion) by opening OCO's esp in CSE, going to the NPCs most unbearably mismatched and resetting their appearance settings. But for most or them, I simply use Striker's patented Selective Vision method (available for free everywhere).

Cheers!